Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a vaginal birth with DC2 after a traumatic birth and tearing with DC1?

(5 Posts)
Lennon80 Fri 26-Jun-15 17:00:53

Hi,

after DC1's birth I was left with 3rd degree tearing, an episiotomy that the stiches came undone and infected and had to have physio for months after to become continent again. Now I am pregnant again 5 years on and really want to have a vaginal birth not a C section as I have had lots of surgery in the past 12 months and have so much scar tissue. I will be discussing it with my consultant, but they tend to go air on the side of caution and I suspect they will say I need a section otherwise will risk incontinence, but I don't feel myself like that would necessarily be the out come. Any advice or experience welcomed. TIA.

Roseybee10 Sat 27-Jun-15 00:38:35

I had a second degree tear with dd1 which needed quite a lot of stitches.

Had dd2 at home in water with a slight graze and no stitches.

Was your first baby back to back or in an odd position?

My dd1 was back to back and came out with her arm around her neck which I think contributed. X

Fugghetaboutit Sat 27-Jun-15 01:31:22

Rosey my first was the same! Back to back and hand on head - second degree tears and lots of stitches. Preg again and hoping it's better this time!

WardenessOfTheNorth Sat 27-Jun-15 02:33:43

3rd degree tear, transverse DS1 and manual rotation from the consultant. PPH immediately after and had to be cauterised to stop bleeding. Had a spinal ready for emergency c section.

6 years later DS2 induced a week early. Waters broken at 9pm he was born at 11:20pm with no grazing/tearing and G&A only.

I'm sure there are plenty of stories out there. No two births are ever the same (or so my MW told me!)

Good luck and go with what makes you feel comfortable.

WardenessOfTheNorth Sat 27-Jun-15 02:35:56

Oh and my consultant (consultant led as high risk due to birth with DS1) pushed me for a c section.

I asked a MW to come into the final appointment with me and with her backing I got a vaginal birth with the compromise of induction so they could keep an eye on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now