Talk

Advanced search

Whipps Cross Vs Homerton

(9 Posts)
PyjamasLlamas Fri 26-Jun-15 12:14:56

I have seen a few comparisons between the two but from a while ago. Just wanted to know if anyone has had recent experiences of either of these.

I'm currently at Whipps and 24 weeks but thinking of changing over closer to the time.

Any thoughts?

bettysviolin Fri 26-Jun-15 20:40:21

Not recent but Homerton was outstanding when I was there. Had a UK-wide reputation for post natal care especially in premies and babies who had problems. This was over a decade ago so things may have changed, but at that time Whipps Cross was not as highly rated. I went to Homerton - not my local - through choice and they were great.

FlipUpDown Fri 26-Jun-15 22:28:36

I'm 24 weeks and I've just left Whipps. I've had 2 there already which weren't great and this time it seemed even worse. North Mid so far are far far better.

PyjamasLlamas Fri 26-Jun-15 22:54:02

Thanks. It's what I knew anyway. Just hope Homerton will take me.

Anyone else?

Clstow Sat 27-Jun-15 00:13:28

I'm 36 weeks and after looking around have decided to stay with Whipps. Have friends who've had good and bad experiences at both Whipps and Homerton... I do know that both are extremely stretched in terms of staffing so if you do swap it might be worth considering North Mid which has a really new labour ward, birthing unit, etc.

FlipUpDown Sun 28-Jun-15 14:35:04

I was at a friends in Wanstead and even from there in rush hour north mid took twenty min on the a406, I do recommend a look. Not just facilities but so far the staff have been long term and the atmosphere has been one of respect

ACatCalledFang Mon 29-Jun-15 21:35:34

I'm at Whipps and am 33 weeks, so far no issues but was rather apprehensive due to it being in special measures (after we'd decided it was the best option). All fine so far, though. I was put off Homerton due to the fact that there have been a number of maternal mortality incidents, and didn't know where North Middlesex was initially (plus you couldn't do a tour to see what it was like). So we decided to stick with Whipps. Ask me in 7 weeks' time whether that was the right decision!

MrsMarigold Mon 29-Jun-15 21:40:00

I would go for Homerton, heard some bad stuff about Whipps, How about UCL

MrsMarigold Mon 29-Jun-15 21:40:14

I would go for Homerton, heard some bad stuff about Whipps, How about UCL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now