Talk

Advanced search

Feeling fed up & disheartened

(11 Posts)
Dappy28 Sun 21-Jun-15 07:37:05

This post is purely for a moan sad

I'm 41+3 with DC2. Plan is to have baby at midwife led birthing centre after a horrible experience of being induced at local hospital with DC1.
However no sign of labour yet, induction booked for Tues which means I'll have to go to local hospital again (thought terrifies me)

My mum passed away a few years ago and its Her birthdsy today so I had convinced myself the baby was waiting until today to arrive. Now one woken up with no signs of lsbour and feel so disheartened and irrationally annoyed at myself that I haven't gone into labour and fed up.

Constant texts asking any movement are making me feel worse and that its somehow my fault baby is late.

DieselSpillages Sun 21-Jun-15 07:47:13

There's still a lot of time between now and Tuesday for your baby to make an appearance. Go for a longish walk (if you can ) to get things moving.

I hate the pressure the threat of induction puts on a pregnant woman. It made doubt that my body could perform the miracle of making a baby and yet not know the perfect moment to give birth.

I am sorry about your mum . I hope you and your baby have a good birth flowers

Dappy28 Sun 21-Jun-15 08:04:16

Long walk is a good idea. Haven't done one for a few days. Very true about the pressure it puts on you. If only due dates could be more accurate!! grin

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Sun 21-Jun-15 08:13:37

I hear ya! I'm also 41+3 today. Despite being grateful to have a healthy baby in there, it really sucks doesn't it?

I've got a hospital appointment tomorrow where, presumably, induction will be discussed. I had an awful induction with dc1 so really wanted to avoid this time and be midwife led. At least they're in the same building so there's still time. I'm also rapidly approaching the point of not caring how she comes out as long as it's soon!

And yes the texts!! Someone text me yesterday and all I can say is it's a good job they don't live nearby as I had a very visceral reaction that made me want to punch them! I'm not a violent person. I never would do that but I was very emotional yesterday and the strength of reaction surprised me!

Sorry to hear about your mum. Fingers crossed you'll still go into labour today.

Dappy28 Sun 21-Jun-15 08:26:21

grin I will never again ask a pregnant woman if there's any sign of the Baby.
Nesrly as bad as that are have your tried pineapple / rasberry tea / spicy curry angry
Hopefully you will go into spontaneous labour too before a dreaded induction.
And even if we do need induction lets hope that its not as bad as Firdt time round

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Sun 21-Jun-15 21:04:59

Hope you've managed to have a good and relaxing day - or even better have gone into labour or best still, are cuddling a gorgeous newborn!

Dappy28 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:31:50

Relaxing day - yes.
Labour / newborn - no sad

Good luck for your appt tomorrow

JassyRadlett Sun 21-Jun-15 22:38:44

Send the texting bastards to this website.

Poor you - good luck!

Lucie5225 Mon 22-Jun-15 07:06:21

I totally understand, 41+5 today with first baby and waiting till nine to call hospital to confirm induction. Wake up most mornings feeling like a failure for being so overdue - good luck at your appointment, ignore the messages!!

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Mon 22-Jun-15 09:34:52

Love that website Jassy!

Good luck to Dappy and Lucie for your inductions. Let's hope they are nice and straightforward.

I had such bad pains during the night but then this morning, nothing! Seriously unhappy. Never thought I'd wish agonising pain on myself but times change!

Dappy28 Mon 22-Jun-15 11:51:51

jassy I will definitely be using that website grin

lucie hope your induction has been confirmed and you won't have to wake up another day with no labour started

oneflewoverthemumsnest that what were driven to.....wishing pain ourselves! Poor us sad ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now