Talk

Advanced search

does it ever feel normal again?

(8 Posts)
rubyred84 Sat 20-Jun-15 21:32:36

odd question maybe, I haven't given birth yet and this is my first pregnancy. Does 'down there' ever feel normal again after childbirth?

I don't necessarily mean to touch, but I mean day to day, walking around, going to the toilet, exercise etc, how it feels to you? are you constantly reminded that you gave birth? if so, do you get used to it? I just can't imagine how after pushing a baby out it can ever be the same again! confused

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sat 20-Jun-15 21:34:08

Yes. smile

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sat 20-Jun-15 21:38:04

Yes ��. I felt pretty normal after just a few weeks and that was after a second degree tear! All healed fine, no pelvic floor issues.

Roseybee10 Sat 20-Jun-15 23:07:50

Yup. First time had second degree tear and it took a few weeks to feel ok again.
Second time I had a small graze and felt fine after about 3 weeks and did the deed after 5 weeks with no pain etc.
4 months post baby now and feel totally normal. X

ThatsNotEvenAWord Sat 20-Jun-15 23:16:14

Yes except for when I do star jumps

FishCalledWonder Sat 20-Jun-15 23:18:33

Only had 1 baby, but the midwife was stitching me for a loooooong time and everything went back to normal.

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Sat 20-Jun-15 23:20:46

Ooh yeah Thatsnot, star jumps will never be the same!

BlinkAndMiss Sun 21-Jun-15 07:17:19

Completely back to normal after DS1 with lots of stitches for 2nd degree tear and an infection. I'm trying to remember how long it took because I gave birth to DS2 last week and I'm starting to think it's never going to go back to normal again. It must have though because up until last week I hadn't given it any thought at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now