Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long 'til d-day?

(8 Posts)
LumpyCustard69 Mon 15-Jun-15 17:01:56

I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. Baby's head is engaged. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Am I likely to make it all the way to my due date, or is baby more likely to come earlier? Or, is it the luck of the draw, regardless of baby being engaged??

I'm very confused confused

coneywonder Mon 15-Jun-15 19:02:18

I've been told the head being engaged doesnt mean anything and it just means you have a well behaved bub that's ready to come! I am 37 weeks and head has been engaged since 30 too. I wish there was some way of finding out when it will actually happen

SaulGood Mon 15-Jun-15 19:07:16

The head being engaged doesn't mean anything. With a second pregnancy the baby tends to slip in and out of being engaged multiple times in the third trimester. It doesn't mean they're ready to come at all.

DD was fixed and engaged for 8 weeks before labour started and with DS labour started and he hadn't engaged even once.

Realistically, your baby will come some time between 37 and 42 weeks (hopefully no sooner) and you can't guess when.

Best of luck for the coming couple of months!

LumpyCustard69 Mon 15-Jun-15 19:09:04

That's reassuring, thank you!

Everything I read online says that with second pregnancies, the head being engaged happens pretty close to labour starting. If I'm honest, I'd rather he came early than late, but not this early.

Mcbw Tue 16-Jun-15 05:38:33

Hesd had been engaged for 11 Weeks and I'm 5 days overdue. It's the luck of the draw unfortunately, baby will come when it feels like it

AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 16-Jun-15 08:13:06

Unless you have any medical history or previous premature birth I'd try not to worry. As others have said the head being engaged doesn't mean anything and might change. 90% of babies make it to early term (37 weeks) and most to full term so chances are all will be well. Good luck
Oh and by the way, my preemie (36 weeks) was breech anyway!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Tue 16-Jun-15 08:16:52

Luck of the draw! I'm 37 weeks with my second and baby's head has been engaged since 30 weeks. Still no signs of coming!

Number3cometome Tue 16-Jun-15 09:40:21

My baby has been head down since, well every single scan ha!

He has not turned around once.

3rd baby, and very unlikely to mean anything.

Lots of babies don't engage until labour, so being engaged early doesn't mean early labour.

Panic over wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now