Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

signs of labour?

(13 Posts)
Flutterby24 Sat 13-Jun-15 07:46:17

Hi all my due date is tomorrow. All night I have had regular lower back pain just coming and going. It's very uncomfortable but not painful and no other pains. Maybe once every 10 mins. I realise it's not proper contractions but am wondering if it's a precursor or just braxton hicks. Sorry for my ignorance it's my first baby and I need to get straight to hospital once labour truly begins!

Christelle2207 Sat 13-Jun-15 08:01:54

I would call your hospital for advice. i has similar but then the contractions stopped! MW examined me and said not dilating at all ��. Three days later they started again, and after 12 hours they suddenly went from uncomfortable to very painful and I needed to get to hospital. First labours can be very drawn out.

Flutterby24 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:28:45

Thanks Christelle - it turned into really painful contractions since last night but labour ward don't want me in until 2-3 mins apart. They are still averaging about 10. Never known pain like it! Also had bloody show this morning. I'm hoping things progress quickly as I'll be a gibbering wreck otherwise!

Flutterby24 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:30:10

I thought they would want me in sooner as I have GD and GBS but apparently not!

Number3cometome Tue 16-Jun-15 10:45:33

Good luck OP!

Flutterby24 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:24:17

Thanks - they eventually became real contractions and I went I'm Sunday 6pm, gave birth 2.45 Monday morning to a little girl 7 lb 3. Labour experience was horrific (mostly thru lack of care ftom one professional) but the birth itself was amazing. If I were to answer my OP myself I would say they were pre contraction signs of things to come - the real contractions came Sunday morning and boy dis I know it!

Flutterby24 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:25:07

Sorry for the typos - am writing one handed while feeding little one!

Roseybee10 Wed 17-Jun-15 03:09:02

Aw congratulations. Sorry things were a bit brutal but well done you xx

ClearEyesFullHearts Wed 17-Jun-15 03:13:01

Aw. A baby!flowers

Lewaney3 Wed 17-Jun-15 03:15:07

Congratulations!

34+1 with twins and I'm wondering the same! I have dull back pain and tightenings :/

Number3cometome Wed 17-Jun-15 07:36:00

Congratulations! Lovely news

Flutterby24 Wed 17-Jun-15 11:33:16

Lewaney have you called the hospital? flowers hope youre ok. They were dull back pains for nearly a day before they became truly painful and moved to the front and thighs too. I used a boots pregnancy tens machine on my back which really helped.

Thank you for the well wishes I am enjoying getting to know little one (my pfb!) smile

heatherxo Wed 17-Jun-15 12:13:56

I'm 35+6, and since yesterday I've had really bad lower backache/period-like cramps.
All this morning I'm getting irregular tightening's which are quite painful, although I've never actually had/noticed Braxton hicks before so I don't know if that's what it is? Its pretty painful and lots of pressure down below too but as I said, they are really irregular

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: