Advanced search

Am I close? No experience!

(4 Posts)
Ridingthestorm Sun 15-Feb-15 06:56:37

DC1 was induced which led to EMCS - no pre-labour stuff experienced (placenta abruption masked contractions). This time with DC2, I am not sure if I am 'gearing' up.

I am 35+1. Regular scans because my fluid was low last week (5.7) and had dropped from 13.5 six weeks previous. Baby carried low - always do! Growth okay as is placenta. I was monitored for an hour and had an internal to check for fluid loss. Nothing showing except BH, a couple which were intense. So I was sent home.

The past three days I have felt 'agitated'. Waking early hours, indigestion (I am taking omeprazole), feeling sick at times, bowels are looser, period pains in the lower back (on and off) and BH every, soddin' day!

Is this what happens when you get close? The period pains are 'constant' at the moment. I have had them for two hours now. No BH this morning so far! But I feel really nauseous and agitated. Can't put my finger on it!!

NoRoomForALittleOne Sun 15-Feb-15 14:31:04

Yes, but it can last for weeks. I assume that you're due another scan soon? You don't really want the baby yet unless there is a clear problem.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 15-Feb-15 19:57:39

I am afraid this stuff could last weeks. And come and go. It is no indication of when you'll have the baby.

The baby is best off inside for another three weeks or so anyway. Hang in there.

Ridingthestorm Sun 15-Feb-15 20:01:47

Thanks. i don't want her to come yet!!
I have a growth scan this week and I think it will show more fluid loss. Another scan the week after too. I think after 24th Feb my consultant may go ahead with my c section early if waters are in decline as it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now