Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Does induction with no1 mean induction with no2?

(13 Posts)
cleoteacher Mon 02-Feb-15 16:16:35

Wondering what happened to everyone else. Was 40+10 with ds when induced as they were unsure if I had enough water around him. Was booked in for it two days later anyway.

Sent me into bit of panic last time which made me find it hard to cope with pain and use berating methods well. Keen to avoid it this time.

But bit anxious it means this baby will be late and I will need induction again. Apparently my cervix was prosterior last time so two sweeps made no difference and not did walking, pineapples, birthing ball, curry or sex.

What are other peoples stories?

cleoteacher Mon 02-Feb-15 16:17:28

Should read breathing methods which then led to a lot of intervention.

Giantbabymama Tue 03-Feb-15 13:32:38

Hi Cleo, not my experience but my SIL was a couple of weeks over with her first and was induced, but no 2 was couple of days early with a very quick water birth.

Davinaaddict Tue 03-Feb-15 13:48:28

I was induced with DS who was born at 40+16, which ended in CS as he got stuck. DD however was born by VBAC at 40+19 as I refused induction. So one experience doesn't always mean the second has to be the same. Good luck!

Thehedgehogsong Tue 03-Feb-15 13:50:30

Induction with first, gentle homebirth with second. Inductions are awful, I was determined to avoid it, I was 10 days over with dd2 and already telling everyone no when they tried to 'book me in'.

Justmuddlingalong Tue 03-Feb-15 13:55:40

3 Dc here. 3 inductions. All were very overdue, big babies. Although, as I never had a delivery without being induced, I have nothing to compare it to, so can't say if it was better or worse.

cleoteacher Wed 04-Feb-15 18:17:17

Thanks guys. Really hoping no induction this time but thinking it will be. I was actually induced because of there not being enough fluid around ds at 40+10 rather than being too overdue so guess could have gone into labour naturally still .

Thing that worries me is had posterior cervix so guess was always going to be that way. Really hope not the same this time.

Planning on walking, birthing ball and hot baths to try and help baby along. Also had reflexology and might try actupuncture this time too. Not holding my breath though.

mumxof3x Wed 04-Feb-15 21:27:08

Induced with ds1. Hated it, really fast and horrible, lots of issues.
Ds2 contractions started on due date, and he was born 5 days later.
And ds3 was born at 38 weeks, labour started on its own.

cleoteacher Wed 04-Feb-15 22:19:23

In bath at the moment hoping might help things along although from what I've read it's more for when you are in labour.

Thanks for replies, so really anything can happen again. This time think will stand my ground bit more though if it gets mentioned rather than just going along with it without questioning. But only if safe for dd obviously.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 04-Feb-15 22:32:35

Don't know about inductions, but I had a failed sweep with DD2 where my cervix was closed and posterior. That was Tuesday afternoon. Started having irregular contractions Wednesday morning, and laboured overnight Wednesday.

Posterior means nowt!

stubbornstains Wed 04-Feb-15 22:36:52

Marking my place with interest.....I was induced with DS at 40+ 15, at the age of 35.....am now 40 and 23 weeks with DS2. The pressure to be induced at term is going to be even greater this time.....oh, how I'd love to go into labour naturally about 2 days before my due date!

Muchtoomuchtodo Wed 04-Feb-15 22:37:19

I was induced at 40 +12 first time around.

Second time it all happened of its own accord on edd!

Good luck op

ouryve Wed 04-Feb-15 22:38:12

Nope. DS1 induced at 40+15 and still took some shifting.

DS2 fell out at 40+4.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: