Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Doula recommendations in central London?

(6 Posts)
lpjohns Thu 15-Jan-15 09:41:04

Hello everyone! I am due April 15th and am looking for a Doula to assistant me and my partner during labour. We live in Clerkenwell and will be giving birth at UCH and welcome any recommendations for doulas! I can look at doula uk but would love word-of-mouth suggestions. thank you!!

londonlivvy Fri 16-Jan-15 16:16:30

Nadia Rafaat is a yoga teacher and really human, kind but not sappy. I haven't used her as a doula but she's v popular.

Celia1978 Fri 16-Jan-15 22:31:46

Mars Lord was my doula when I had a home birth in Clerkenwell (UCH midwives). She's great though in demand. May well be booked but she mentors so could probably recommend someone else if she is http://www.mammydoula.co.uk/

Good luck!

Victoria2002 Sat 17-Jan-15 04:13:20

I recently used Julia Woodman who works in a tag-team with Nike Beilby. I had s great experience and now feel evangelical about doulas! It's very personal though, I unterviewed a few doulas as you really need to see if you "click". I personally wanted someone confident & experienced who could explain to me all the practical tactics they use to help manage labour pain. Other doulas were trying to tell me it only hurts if you are scared or in the wrong "headspace" or that reiki would see me through...possibly the perfect doula for someone else but not for me.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 17-Jan-15 17:06:05

With three months to go, a lot of doulas will be booked up, so it might be worth contacting an experienced on like Mars Lord and see who they know.

lpjohns Sun 15-Feb-15 18:17:43

Thank you all so much!! I am contacting Mars and those you suggested! Realise I'm a bit late to the game!!
Thanks!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: