Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

40 +1 plenty of signs but no labour!

(14 Posts)
loulily27 Fri 09-Jan-15 07:20:11

Hi ladies,

For past couple of weeks I have had lots of backpain, period pain and tightenings. A couple of nights accompanied with diarrhoea and sickness, thought labour was starting then everything stops! Seen midwife at 39 weeks who's said baby was fully engaged, blood pressure shot up and with my symptoms didn't think I'd make it to due date. Continue with these symptoms daily. Last night the tightenings were painful and seemed to be every 30mins, thought I'd try and get some sleep in case it was labour but have woken up to nothing again! What is going on! Fed up now as previous back injury means I'm in constant pain sad

LittlePink Fri 09-Jan-15 09:15:37

Snap! Same goings on here. My back pain is a lot better but last week I couldn't walk or stand up straight with it and it was in spasm. It's eased off now thankfully. I got a show a week last Sunday and 30 mins of intense period pains 5 mins apart then I fell asleep and woke up in the morning to nothing. Err what else, 2 failed sweeps. Got awful pain from the 2nd one and bleeding. Contractions every 5/10 mins that night, waters broke on floor, went to hospital to be told no evidence of water there go home. Had couple of weeks of dihorrea which got so painful that I developed piles so been dealing with that aswell. Seeing consultant today and will complain about these waters and push it as it will be 48 hrs by tonight with no intervention. Sick of all of this is an understatement. Been in tears this morning as I'm finding the whole thing too much now and if anyone tells me you're not technically overdue until you're 42+1 I'm going to scream!!!! So I feel your pain of the confusion of it all.

40+5

loulily27 Fri 09-Jan-15 15:36:18

Oh no that sounds awful! I thought if ur waters went u only had 24hrs to go into labour or would be induced? Anyway I hope the consultant is good and gets u some results! Come on babies! X

LittlePink Fri 09-Jan-15 17:01:04

It's a weird one because I say it wasn't urine but they say there's no evidence of any waters on examination and all my clinical signs are perfect and no signs of infection ie temp, fast heart rate etc. baby is happy and no problems with the monitoring so they're having me back in for more monitoring on Sunday and I need to wear a pad in the meantime and any signs of it being wet I need to go straight back. Cons said it could be a hind water leak but no way of knowing as I haven't leaked since. She said it was prob babys head pressing on my bladder but I'm convinced it wasn't urine!

Sorry to hijack your thread with my issues!

How are you feeling?

loulily27 Fri 09-Jan-15 20:02:20

No worries, glad to hear I'm not the only one in a bit of confusion and fed up! I'm ok, very tired cos backpain and bh contractions keeping me up! More bh this afternoon but that's normal for me so not getting excited yet!
Surely u know ur own body and would know if it was urine, but then if monitoring means baby is ok then that's the main thing. Keep me updated hopefully we will both have babies soon! X

loulily27 Mon 12-Jan-15 15:59:42

40+4 had midwife this morning tried to do a sweep but cervix closed and thick so she couldn't get a finger in! sad doesn't look like it's in any rush to come out! Any news littlepink? X

LittlePink Mon 12-Jan-15 16:30:56

Ive had 3 unsuccessful sweeps over last 2 weeks. Got to the point of being sick of having examinations and the indignity of it all and the hope surrounding it, only for them to come to nothing or be told you're not dilated at all.

I'm booked for c section on weds now when I'll be 40+10. Consultant wouldn't let me go more than that due to previous section, which I'm happy with. Did really want the Vbac but all hope of that is diminishing now and don't really want to wait any longer. Never mind. So long as these babies come out safely that's the main thing.

LittlePink Mon 12-Jan-15 16:32:59

Having said that things can change literally overnight so you might go very soon regardless of what mw said about the cervix being closed. Hope you're not waiting too much longer!

loulily27 Mon 12-Jan-15 16:44:52

Could they not induce you rather than c section if u wanted a vbac? X

LittlePink Mon 12-Jan-15 17:49:22

No consultant won't induce me because of risk of uterine rupture from previous section. The risk goes up with the hormones they give you in the induction. What is the plan for you?

loulily27 Mon 12-Jan-15 18:04:41

Booked in with midwife Thursday for another sweep. Also booked for next monday if nothing has happened they will book me for induction on the Tuesday. Hopefully something happens before then don't want to be induced. Il keep you posted. Hopefully u go into labour if not hope the section goes ok

LittlePink Mon 12-Jan-15 18:09:12

Thanks! Yes let me know. You could always join the January antenatal thread too where there are a few of us overdue and its a nice little support group. There's also been a postnatal thread created for those who have delivered from the thread. Come and say hi!

loulily27 Tue 13-Jan-15 10:23:43

That be nice, could you send me a link please I'm new to the forum not sure how to find a group! X

LittlePink Tue 13-Jan-15 16:27:56

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2274852-Jan-2015-10-the-babies-are-coming-thick-and-fast?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: