Talk

Advanced search

mucus plug?

(7 Posts)
lostinegypt Mon 05-Jan-15 01:03:48

I think I've just lost my mucus plug. This is my second pregnancy and didn't notice it with my first. I'm 37 weeks pregnant and had my first child at 38 weeks pregnant. How soon after loosing your plug did labour start? Just a bit worried as I live approx 1 hour away from the hospital and my first labour was fast.

AnythingNotEverything Mon 05-Jan-15 06:09:53

Weeks. And after ARM too. Sorry, it's not always a sign labour is imminent.

tiggy2610 Mon 05-Jan-15 06:15:44

I first lost my plug around 30 weeks and panicked that this meant I was going to go into premature labour. MW said it was perfectly normal and you can often loose and it does regenerate (sorry, couldn't think of a better word!)

Having said that, there is nothing to say it isn't the first sign that things are happening. We're all so different it's hard to tell

tiggy2610 Mon 05-Jan-15 06:17:07

*lose it

How I wish there was a MN edit button! confused

KiltedKoala Mon 05-Jan-15 06:53:34

DD was born about 28 hours after I lost my plug, but it's not consistent. Good luck!

kalidasa Thu 08-Jan-15 14:49:55

With DS I remember losing mine - or at least some of it - about 10 days before labour began. I had a lot of mild on/off "period" pains in those 10 days so I knew I was gearing up but when labour started properly it was obvious. There was no blood in the mucus - I didn't have the 'bloody show' people talk about until well advanced in labour (in the delivery room so at least 5cm or so) and my waters didn't break until DS was practically out.

37+1 now so just waiting for it all to start gearing up again.

Lime8 Thu 08-Jan-15 21:59:29

I lost mine in the hospital. Had contractions for about 20 hours. Waters broke, went to hospital. Whilst in loo it fell out on the floor and dh had to scoop it up and flush it away (oh the shame). Baby came about 5 hours later. Was not expecting it to be so huge! Haha! I can't remember everything about that night (pain, shock and gas and air smile) but a few days later I remembered this and was quite mortified.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now