Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Are these signs of impending labour...?!

(11 Posts)
ScouseBird8364 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:09:38

I'm currently 33+4 with 3rd child - booked in for section 10th Feb.

I admitted myself to hospital about 2 weeks ago now, as upon wiping, there were faint lines of (red) blood and I had back ache. Had a little more blood at hospital, back ache continued but all was fine - trace normal, baby very active, water samples fine etc, so I am due to go for a Kidney scan on Wednesday as they believe it may be kidney stones, as my cervix was fine etc. They did give me 2 precautionary Steroid injections too.

Anyway, I have a niggling feeling that I just know I'm going to go into labour soon (& hoping!) I'm experiencing the folloeand have been for abput 3 weeks now: -

- Strong, frequent BH's
- Back ache (upper and lower)
- Nauseous
- Increased (clear) discharge
- HUGE bump! dropped over past week
- Nesting (today)
- Shitty mood (!) (past few days)
- Milky nipples (sorry blush) (yesterday)

Anybody had any of the above, prior to an early labour?

hmm

ScouseBird8364 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:11:44

P.S. I'm struggling to walk, like literally, feel like baby is hanging ready to drop when I walk (waddle) shock

ScouseBird8364 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:13:09

Oh, sorry, forgot another...

2 days ago, felt a strange needle-type stabbing sensation in my pelvic area shock not painful, just wierd! hmm

ScouseBird8364 Sun 04-Jan-15 20:59:24

Oh, and Diarrhoea blush but not sure if this was connected to the iron tab's the hospital had put me on?!

Anyone? smile

LeaveMyVagAlone Sun 04-Jan-15 21:50:00

Similar symptoms here! Hoping it's labour, as I'm getting fed up now.

ScouseBird8364 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:51:36

Vag, I hear ya! grin

I wasn't struggling this much, at this stage when carrying my boys - I look and feel 38 weeks sad

afreshstartplease Sun 04-Jan-15 21:53:01

Don't iron tablets normally bung you up!

ScouseBird8364 Sun 04-Jan-15 23:22:20

afresh - apparently they can have either effect, or so I've been reading on here past few nights hmm

ScouseBird8364 Mon 05-Jan-15 13:18:21

Surely there are others who have experienced some / all of these signs...??

I'm feeling so pissed off today it's unreal angry

Dogsmom Tue 06-Jan-15 19:38:51

Sorry, I didn't get any of those, if you've been having them for 3 weeks then probably not impending labour but at almost 34 weeks there is light at the end of the tunnel smile

capecath Thu 08-Jan-15 17:12:02

Hmmm think you may be clutching at straws... sorry... But who knows?! You also don't really want a premmie so hopefully for you, baby will stay in a while longer! I had bh every night which just petered out for at least a week with DS2 before I was induced. I also carried him really low and engaged, I was even starting to dilate for at least 4 weeks...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: