Talk

Advanced search

tea tree cream for an open episiotomy wound?

(10 Posts)
silverandblack Wed 31-Dec-14 22:39:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PragmaticWench Wed 31-Dec-14 22:45:36

My entire lady area just clenched!! That sounds bloody painful, I wouldn't try it.

If your stitches have come undone you need to phone your midwife and ask for help.

Pico2 Wed 31-Dec-14 22:48:22

You need proper medical assessment before doing anything to it yourself.

hugoagogo Wed 31-Dec-14 22:52:33

Yowser I nearly hit the ceiling then and I used surgical spirit on my cs wound. Best get a health professional to have a look at that.imo

outtolunchagain Wed 31-Dec-14 22:52:39

When I had my boys the midwives put a few drops of lavender and tea tree on a maternity pad .It was the most soothing thing , very cool and really helped the pain

Fcukfifa Wed 31-Dec-14 22:55:32

I was given a bottle of oil that I'm sure had lavender and something else in. It was amazing and seriously helped. I never looked at my stitches but my midwife did a little gasp when I showed her at home.

LavalavalavaLamp Wed 31-Dec-14 22:55:41

I used tea tree oil in the bath and it seemed to help. Do ask for an additional midwife visit to get it checked though.

didireallysaythat Wed 31-Dec-14 23:01:22

I had two baths with lavender oil a day fir a month after DS1 was born (third degree tear) and had no problems. But if the stitches have come out rather than just dissolving I'd get someone to take a look.

silverandblack Wed 31-Dec-14 23:01:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

didireallysaythat Wed 31-Dec-14 23:23:39

I think baths with tea tree sound good but I'm not sure I'd be applying cream to the area - but I'm a coward and would worry about opening things up.... Hope it all heals up quickly for you and congratulations on your baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now