Talk

Advanced search

It will go back to normal, right?!

(7 Posts)
Pandasandmonkeys Sun 28-Dec-14 20:40:29

Dd was born 3 weeks ago weighing just over 8 lbs. first labour, it was fast and only 12 minutes of pushing. Thanks to an incredible midwife I had no significant damage, just a couple of grazes and tiny tears that didn't need stitching. Happy days.

BUT.... The swelling. It's still bad. And sore. The midwife says it's normal and just needs time but it's not my fanjo that's swollen, that all healed/felt ok within about 10 days. The swelling is the outer parts (where pubes are iyswim) and is really uncomfortable. Has anyone else had this ? Any idea why it's so swollen or tips to help it heal? X

Wolfiefan Sun 28-Dec-14 20:44:32

Three weeks ago you pushed out a human being!! It will recover.
Try lavender and tea tree oil in a bath.

GlitteryLipgloss Sun 28-Dec-14 20:52:24

Sanitary's cooled in the fridge (in a box top shelf) will help. Even if only for a few mins. Couple of weeks ago I saw a lady on a video talk about a knicker Sundae. I'll try and find the link. xx

GlitteryLipgloss Sun 28-Dec-14 20:55:09

Those cool packs will help too. tuck one over your knickers.

Pandasandmonkeys Mon 29-Dec-14 15:50:45

Thanks - so sore today :-( nasty heamorroids have joined the party today as well

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Mon 29-Dec-14 15:59:52

Badedas bubble bath is your friend.

GlitteryLipgloss Mon 29-Dec-14 18:36:14

I read one lady used her husbands frozen beer cans/bottles between her legs blush think she put it in a sock and then rested it against swollen area.
lavender oil, tea tree oil, witch hazel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now