Talk

Advanced search

Irregular contractions?

(3 Posts)
Chloelou31 Sat 27-Dec-14 12:48:28

Since about 10 this morning i've been getting irregular cramps in my uterus that last between 20-30 seconds .. They aren't coming at regular intervals and i'm not even sure they are contractions they just like a bad period pain/ gassy feeling? Had my second sweep yesterday and i'm 41 weeks today? Does this sound like it could be the start of labour? Any info or advice would be great this is my first baby so i'm unsure what to expect confused

emjaybee1 Sat 27-Dec-14 13:07:55

Sounds like something is 'brewing'. It may be that things get stronger and labour starts in the next few hours or it could be like this on and off for a few days. Try to just carry on as you were and let whatever is happening happen. Call the midwife if things get stronger and regular ( less than 5 minutes apart) or waters break or if you have any other concerns. Exciting :-)

Chloelou31 Sat 27-Dec-14 13:25:12

I do hope so, got my induction booked for 2nd but i'm hoping something happens before then smile fingers crossed!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now