Talk

Advanced search

This baby isn't ever coming is it?

(23 Posts)
beebop100 Wed 24-Dec-14 17:43:03

I'm done ladies, I'm so fed up now. 40+10 today, induction booked for +12. There have been so many times over the last few weeks I've thought it was going to happen soon but it has just come to nothing. I've lost all faith in my body, I can't even imagine having a baby now, feels like it was all a joke. I'm in such a foul mood I'm not even excited about being a mum now. This is ridiculous. I've read all these stories about contractions just starting or waters breaking but I honestly cannot see either of those things happening. I've tried everything. I give up. Anyone have any positive stories for me?

PotteringAlong Wed 24-Dec-14 17:44:47

I was induced at 40+14 with DS1 but went into spontaneous labour at 40+12 with DS2! There's time!

Chloelou31 Wed 24-Dec-14 17:55:19

I feel the same i'm 40+5 and due for my second sweep on Boxing Day!! How pleasent!! sad i keep getting niggles and small pains but nothing more .. I'm uber fed up, really wanted things to happen naturally but its not looking too promising for me either!! (Sorry this isn't the positive comment you were looking for!) ��

beebop100 Wed 24-Dec-14 18:32:02

Well, solidarity helps too. I've had 3 sweeps, they haven't done anything. I should probably just focus on enjoying Xmas day with my husband before life gets hectic. It's just not the way you picture it going is it? I'm so jealous of people who squeeze them out at 38 weeks! And the stretch marks have just gone bananas since 40 weeks!

spinduchess Wed 24-Dec-14 18:39:43

I bet you go into labour right in the middle of Xmas dinner!

lisaloulou84 Wed 24-Dec-14 18:43:23

The little thing is probably just trying to spare you a Christmas Day hospital stay! wink Stay positive, the waiting sucks I know, I was induced and had to wait a further 3 days after being booked in due to the manic maternity ward and I was pretty ready to yank him out myself. It's just 2 more days of nine months, enjoy Christmas and Boxing Day will be your last and best present.

Allstoppedup Wed 24-Dec-14 18:51:20

I went to 40 +14 and was induced. I so feel your pain. All my end of pregnancy was replaced with "get this buggaring free loader out of me!" I signed up for 9 months MAXIMUM! DS was due on the 6th December (last year) and didn't come until the 20th but I bet it's even worse for you going over Christmas day!

Fingers crossed you go soon- if it makes you feel any better, as soon as your LO finally gets here you will harbour no ill will and you will feel like a pregnancy champ! grin

Good luck and congratulations!!

Allstoppedup Wed 24-Dec-14 18:53:18

That's supposed to say ' all of my end of pregnancy anxiety was replaced...'grin

Chloelou31 Wed 24-Dec-14 19:12:32

Nope i don't even want Christmas, i'm so selfish haha smile DP is all excited for his presents in the morning and i'm on tenter hooks and a snivelling wreck .. Sick of the 'any news?' phone calls and texts too; feel like screaming NOOOOO!

RandomMess Wed 24-Dec-14 19:16:36

Aw bless I was 42 weeks before being induced with all of mine, it's a long hard slog flowers

Allstoppedup Wed 24-Dec-14 21:27:47

Ahhh, the any news calls/texts...

"Yes, the baby arrived DAYS ago, it must have just slipped our minds "

Arrrgghhh!

Hope your wait is over soon and you manage to enjoy SOME of your Christmas! flowers

redcaryellowcar Wed 24-Dec-14 21:30:57

My waters broke after I ate shift meal, I think I went 'pop' so maybe you will too after Christmas lunch? Don't hold back, I had starter main and dessert. Next morning woke up with a gush!

Hope you get your Christmas wish come true.

HoggleHoggle Wed 24-Dec-14 21:35:27

If it's any help I felt like this at 40+7. Was on the phone moaning to my sister about how fed up I was, put phone down and got up, felt what turned out to be a contraction. Came out of bloody nowhere, and I'd previously been so downbeat that I hadn't had any 'signs'. So just to say, keep the hope, you might just get going!
Good luck and merry Christmas!

broomy123 Wed 24-Dec-14 22:39:31

I am right there with you! 9 days over due and booked in for an induction Boxing Day. I'm so miserable and don't care about Christmas one bit. I'm normally a really positive person and haven't grumbled throughout pregnancy (albeit it's been relatively easy) but I really thought I would have my baby for Xmas and it's got me so down. A day feels like a week now. I agree I don't feel like I'm ever getting a baby now! And the constant texts are driving me mad!!! I know people are excited and care but I have told you I'll let you know! Rant over! Going to do my upmost to try enjoy tomorrow and stuff my face and watch all the good tv. I will be seriously cross if my waters break in the early hours though! I hope you manage to enjoy tomorrow and we get nice labours to reward us for our wait! X

beebop100 Thu 25-Dec-14 00:05:29

I know, what's wrong with people and the texts/calls? My mum asked me what I thought I'd done wrong yesterday, as if it's my fault! She got the full force of the hormones! I went and did a massive shop and plan an epic Xmas dinner, why not, maybe if I eat too much the baby will be forced out.

broomy123 Thu 25-Dec-14 05:50:41

It's really quite exhausting saying no nothing's happened... 15 times a day. I told a friend last week, who has been asking be everyday, that my cervix was shut and it would be at least a few days. Later that night I got a message... 'Still no baby?' confused. That's so unhelpful of your mum I am not surprised you lost it! My MIL (who was bang on time with her labours) keeps saying don't be induced just let nature take it's course. I have had enough!!! This is miserable and I want it out already! Good news is I am having no signs of labour so at least I won't have a Christmas Day baby (I hope!) To all those waiting hope you manage to enjoy today and that we get our babies soon! smile X

fuckwitteryskitchenisfucked Thu 25-Dec-14 06:07:48

Nobody was ever pregnant forever! I went 18 days overdue with my second and I had not a single sign until I went into labour. I couldn't be induced for medical reasons and didn't want a section. Baby was monitored everyday and was fine. Also, scan dates at 12 weeks have a 7 day margin of error so you may not be as overdue as you think. Normal pregnancy is 14 days either side of 40 weeks.... But bear in mind the margin of error.....
It will happen I promise

beebop100 Thu 25-Dec-14 22:48:44

Well, nothing today despite a good mix of stair walking, ball bouncing, kitchen dancing to Xmas music and relaxing. So I guess induction it is. Heads in a better space now I know it's inevitable. So scared though! Good luck ladies, thanks for the support x

ThomasDisaster Thu 25-Dec-14 23:00:32

Don't give up. I was booked for induction at 40+12 at 4pm... Waters went ar 4am grin

Good luck whatever happens x

broomy123 Thu 25-Dec-14 23:04:22

Yep nothing for me either! Still I had a really lovely day and probably enjoyed it a lot more than I would have with a newborn. I'm getting induced tomorrow too and feeling excited but also nervous as don't know what to expect. Good luck to you and hope it goes smoothly!
Thomas I know a few people that's happened too so maybe I will get lucky too! X

HoggleHoggle Fri 26-Dec-14 06:45:14

Good luck beebop and broomy for today!

funchum8am Fri 26-Dec-14 16:33:16

Good luck ladies, I am 40+6 with my second and furious after being told all pregnancy "oh, you won't go over with your second" (dd induced at 40+12). Induction booked for New Year's Day, just hoping it comes before as the week ahead is looking loooong!

Chloelou31 Fri 26-Dec-14 17:55:36

Hope everything went well today ladies .. I am too 40+6 and had a second sweep, was much more sensitive than the first!! Left me feeling like i've got cracked ribs, so i've had no choice but to rest for the entire day!! Induction booked for the 2nd; fingers crossed little man makes an appearance before then ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now