Talk

Advanced search

39 weeks....so confused!

(3 Posts)
SarahinPB Mon 22-Dec-14 05:12:32

Hi,

I'm new to mumsnet but have lurked and read throughout my pregnancy!! I am 39 +1 today. 2 mornings ago lost my muccos plug, took me by surprise as had felt nothing!! That evening had back ache then regular intense tightenings, mentally prepared myself that it was time then they stopped and I had the first full 8 hours sleep for weeks!! Yesterday just the odd tinge in my back and lots of BH not particularly painful just leaving me breathless. I felt exhausted and had a lovely 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Nice bath before bed last night and felt ok. Now it is 5am, I woke at 3 with bad back ache, have taken pain killers but the pain is making its way to my bump and I am beginning to feel it tighten. Could this be another tease by baby do you think? Or the real deal? I also keep getting the odd feeling that my tummy is rumbling!!! Any advice/help/experience is appreciated.

This is my first baby and I am finding the not knowing what is happening when or how long it will take frustrating!! I'm sure that is normal ha

DarceyBustle Mon 22-Dec-14 05:25:38

Oooh this could be IT.... or maybe not! Can be very frustrating.

Hopefully it is, and you will be back home in time for Christmas day.

Keep us posted.

Mrscog Mon 22-Dec-14 08:08:58

Probably not quite the 'real deal' but certainly your body getting prepared/starting to stretch. Take it easy but keep gently active, keep taking paracetamol if you're in pain and just enjoy your last few days in peace!

This could ramp up more and more, or could stop and start for days, but you will most probably know when it's more established - I couldn't speak through the contractions once labour set in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now