Talk

Advanced search

what the hell is going on!? overdue rant

(17 Posts)
silverandblack Fri 19-Dec-14 07:29:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NaiceNickname Fri 19-Dec-14 07:47:28

budge over sad I'm 41 weeks today and absolutely fed up. Nothing is working. Sweep on Wednesday was ok.. cervix soft, head right down etc. Every night I get the worst braxton hicks and some pains but as soon as I manage to fall asleep after them keeping me awake for an hour or two... they stop and no I wake up fine.

I was really hoping he would be out by now so I could slightly recover by Christmas, but at this rate it looks like I'll be having him on Christmas!

And if one more person texts or calls asking if I've had him or any signs I think I will actually perform the world's first DIY C Section just to bloody shut them up!

angry

Things sound a lot more optimistic for you so hopefully you won't be waiting much longer, good luck!

StetsonsAreCool Fri 19-Dec-14 07:57:24

I was due yesterday. Been having contractions on and off for nearly two weeks. They're worse in the evening, but they stop overnight while I'm asleep.

Just want my body to make a decision and stick to it!

You have my full sympathies on the phone calls. I'd suggest ignoring, but then she'll just think you're in labour! Depends how evil you feel. My mom and MIL are phoning daily too - the two people on the planet who will be told first when things kick off. Especially since one of them is going to be looking after DD while I'm expelling this one!

<breathe>

silverandblack Fri 19-Dec-14 08:07:46

StetsonsAreCool Fri 19-Dec-14 08:08:53

Haha, snap.

Hopefully you'll regret saying that soon...

LaceyLee Fri 19-Dec-14 17:45:09

I'm in a similar position, 41 weeks today. Had some really uncomfortable cramps but they aren't regular.... Then also lost some lovely mucus just then. Tried to have a sweep this morning but she couldn't do it and said I was 2cm dilated... Hoping something will happen soon!! Anyone made any more progress today?

NaiceNickname Fri 19-Dec-14 17:53:36

I've been for a few long walks today, lots of tightenings but nothing that makes me think I'm going to go into labour sad I just hope I go by Monday the latest, Tuesday is my birthday and Christmas will be a write off if I have only given birth on Christmas eve or even worse Christmas day!

5madthings Fri 19-Dec-14 17:58:21

Sounds like things are getting ready and your body is in the latent phase of Labour. It can last a while but sounds like baby will be here before Christmas!

Good luck smile

BiscuitsofYum Fri 19-Dec-14 17:59:56

3 days overdue... Feel like rubbish, my hormones have been through the roof today to the stage I locked myself in the bathroom and cried for an hour, while having a bath..
The uncomfy cramps in the evening are getting on my nerves,but more with the annoyance of going to sleep and them disappearing...
I've also had really bad SPD and for the last few weeks have struggled to even get off the sofa... I'm bored out of my head and just want something to focus my energy on!

The texts and calls to find out if I've had him are getting on my nerves... For the last 2 weeks my bestie has been texting me before, during and after work to see if I have any signs... NO WOMAN LEAVE ME BE! angry. My DM and DMIL have been the same and now DP's work friends (who I know but not close with) have been getting DP to text me when he's at work for if I've had any signs!

I'm so close to getting a stick, and seeing if I can poke him out, or a lighter and try and smoke him out!! I have the feeling he'll be there until the end and this makes me very sad.. Wishing very much for pain sad

Phew, feel a bit better for that rant!

silverandblack Fri 19-Dec-14 22:36:35

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Fri 19-Dec-14 22:52:59

I was like you, OP. Every night I thought "this is it" and every morning it was all gone again. Three sweeps started increasing the action but dd still went 12 days over before she made her move. Waters went at 7.30 on the day my induction was booked for 8.30! However, after such a long latent phase she was here nice and quickly, so it can be a good thing smile

NaiceNickname Sat 20-Dec-14 12:04:41

Any joy ladies?

I am thoroughly fed up today, had to lock myself in the loo a few times already for a little sob. Distracting myself with yet more bloody cleaning! All I can think of is how DDs Christmas will be spoilt if I end up in hospital giving birth sad

silverandblack Sat 20-Dec-14 18:51:37

LaceyLee Sat 20-Dec-14 19:54:21

Ugh it's really horrible isn't it... I've now had contractions for well over 24 hours and they are really painful, although they've slowed down loads. Doesnt seem be anything that anyone can suggest expect waiting it out but it's frustrating and painful!! Thought I might have my baby by now :-(

NaiceNickname Sat 20-Dec-14 21:39:12

I'm getting the most intense pains I've had so far tonight, they're radiating into my hips and back. Usually I just get tightenings. Cant quite tell if i have overdone the cleaning or they're proper pains. I'm having a bounce and twirl on my ball now, been so so tired today but I'm scared to go to bed in case they stop! 8 days overdue today sad come on baby!

BiscuitsofYum Sat 20-Dec-14 21:44:02

I thought after my moan yesterday I started getting tightening's and cramps different to normal but not regular... I was tired so I went to bed and of course they stopped.. I really thought it was it..
My emotions are all over the place today too and I just seem to burst into tears for no reason.. I just want my body back! At least in part!
Hopefully we'll have babies soon..

StetsonsAreCool Sat 20-Dec-14 21:45:00

I was awake from 2-6am today with cramps, I really thought this was it! But as soon as I got up and started the day they went away again.

DH has packed me off to bed for the night so I can can top up my sleep. Got my second sweep booked for Monday, but I'm not hopeful.

at my 12wk scan they pulled my due date forward 4 days, which I thought was ambitious at the time! My original dd by LMP was 22/12, so I've got until Monday by my reckoning! And if I go 3 days over, like with DC1, well at least I won't be cooking Christmas dinner fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now