Talk

Advanced search

Advice on early induction

(5 Posts)
jenmcspen Mon 15-Dec-14 15:21:56

I have been advised that I will need to be induced at 37 weeks to reduce risk to baby as I have obstetric cholestasis.
Obviously at that stage I have been warned that my body won't really be ready for labour and that induction is likely to be a very long process.
Does anyone have any direct experience of an early induction, or any advice on how I can best prepare myself?
TIA

MrsCakesPrecognition Mon 15-Dec-14 15:26:50

I was induced at 38 weeks in order to manage medication for a preexisting condition.
I went in on the Wednesday evening and the induction started. Waters broke Friday morning. Was 3cm by Sunday morning, so went on a syntocin drip at lunchtime and gave birth at 8pm.
Weirdly, I found it a very serene time, lots if walking around, talking to other women. I knew that DD was on her way and there was nothing for me to do but walk and relax.
Good luck.

Ducky23 Mon 15-Dec-14 15:35:56

I was induced at 37+4 last week. Went in on Saturday, had to be put on the monitors for a while then had a pessary inserted. They left me for 6 hours with on/off monitoring. Started getting quite strong regular contractions. Was examined and was 2cm, due to the contractions they couldn't give another pessary so did a sweep and left me for the night.
During the night the contractions stopped.

Next morning went to labor ward and waited for a dr to come and break my waters, this was about 11am.

6pm nothing happened so was started on the drip around 7.

Fully dialated at 3.30am and ds born at 4.39 am smile

Very slow process so as I read loads too, take lots of entertainment!!

Good luck smile

fairgame Mon 15-Dec-14 15:36:28

I was induced at 38 weeks for OC. I went in on the monday morning, had a few rounds of pessaries throughout monday. Started contractions Monday night and had him at 11am tuesday morning. The mw broke my waters at about 8am tuesday morning and after that things moved quite quickly. There was no time for epidural or anything. They moved me to the delivery room after breaking my waters. I had a couple of puffs on gas and air then needed to push. I was only in proper labour for 90 minutes and he was my first.

jenmcspen Mon 15-Dec-14 19:59:47

Should find out a date for induction tomorrow when I see the consultant. Anything that you think I will need to ask/clarify about the induction?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now