Talk

Advanced search

ideas for a comfortable birth

(7 Posts)
sailorsgal Mon 15-Dec-14 12:32:58

I am making up a box for my pregnancy class to show them what may be useful. eg. snacks
homeopathic remedies hot water bottle, relaxing birth music.
Anything else?
smile thanks.

Jenninlw Mon 15-Dec-14 21:16:34

I bought battery operated candles from ikea to use in hospital - I didn't get chance to use them before as very quick birth but put them on after while my husband and I bonded with dd and also on ward at night to keep light down for baby and me and I found it very relaxing

sailorsgal Tue 16-Dec-14 12:49:25

the lights are such a good idea. I did find one of those little lights that you put in a pumpkin.

ChristmasJumperWearer Tue 16-Dec-14 12:53:00

Drinking Straws - easier to have a sip of water if needed if you can't hold the drink yourself or are lying down.

A few flannels/wash cloths. For brow-mopping, scenting with lavender oil, washing afterwards.

sailorsgal Tue 16-Dec-14 13:33:24

yes to the straws and flannels. grin

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Tue 16-Dec-14 13:40:35

Isotonic drinks in a sports bottle (even less faff than straws).

A small bath mat type thing and two towels for afterwards! I hadn't realised just how much I'd be bleeding immediately afterwards and when I showered somehow there was blood and water everywhere! A bath mat to stand on would have absorbed what was dripping so it wasn't all over the floor and I could have sent first manky towel home with dh whilst keeping one clean for the next day.

TMI sorry !!

Heels99 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:41:18

Epidural

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now