Talk

Advanced search

Unfavourable cervix

(3 Posts)
Somersetgirl1990 Thu 11-Dec-14 18:33:39

I'm 40+4 and getting very fed up... Have had 2 attempts at sweeps, both times they've failed because my cervix is too far back and not opening at the back. Has anyone else had this and then gone into labour quite soonish? I'm feeling like it's going to be an induction for me, as nothing seems to be happening! confused

VertdeTerre Fri 12-Dec-14 10:01:16

I had this with DC1, two failed sweeps. The first was at 40wks, the second at 40+4 and I stopped her half way through as she was having so much trouble reaching my cervix). I went into spontaneous labour at 40+10.

I was actually booked in for an induction on that morning, but I think if I was in a similar position now I would refuse induction and ask for monitoring instead. It is your right to do that, induction is not necessarily inevitable.

At the time though I was just desperate to get the baby out!
Good luck and I hope you are enjoying newborn cuddles soon.

Somersetgirl1990 Fri 12-Dec-14 14:03:32

At my hospital they don't induce until +14 so he's got a little bit of time to come out! Not feeling very optimistic though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now