Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a short gap between EMCS and VBAC?

(1 Post)
HappyIdiot Wed 10-Dec-14 23:15:11

I'm interested in people's thoughts and opinions on having a small gap between having a CS and a VBAC.

DD is now 4 months and was born by EMCS after a 30+ hour established labour on a drip ending in a failed ventouse. The consultant who delivered her said the difficulties were due to her position and that there's no reason why I shouldn't attempt a VBAC next time. I've healed very well and have no ongoing issues, either physical or emotional following the birth.

I have always wanted to have a small age gap between DC's but am wondering if it would be best to wait a bit before trying again. However, I'm 37 and it took me a year to get pregnant with DD. I know that the standard advice is to wait a year but does anyone know if the risks are greatly increased by a smaller gap?

Obviously, if I do get pregnant again there's no guarantee that VBAC will be possible but I would like to try! And it may also take me a while to conceive again so the question may become irrelevant.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now