Talk

Advanced search

Hip/leg pain after birth

(6 Posts)
Beckysk Tue 09-Dec-14 23:27:21

Sorry if this isn't in the right section.

I gave birth to my daughter 2months ago, and ever since then one of my hips has felt a niggling pain, or feels I have to pop it back into place. Also hurts more when I'm active doing a lot of things. As well as this when I've been walking a lot I've felt like I've got a dead leg on the same side.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or know what on earth it is lol?

Thanks smile

Beckysk Wed 10-Dec-14 13:36:03

No one?

goodiegoodieyumyum Wed 10-Dec-14 13:44:42

Your hip joint could be out, this happened to me, I had to see a physiotherapist who put it back into place for me.

thejoysofboys Wed 10-Dec-14 13:53:10

I had SPD in pregnancy with DS2 and still get niggling hip pain now (3 years later)- especially if I've been on my feet a lot.

i would second the suggestion to see a physio - your pelvis has to do a lot in childbirth, yours might just need a bit of help to return to normal.

idlevice Wed 10-Dec-14 21:54:10

It could be weakened pelvic floor muscles causing other muscles to compensate. I had this & it wasn't the "normal" pelvic floor muscles but others nearer the core that I didn't even know about. I had to do some Pilates-type exercises for a few weeks to get some relief. You can self refer for NHS physio - your GP surgery should be able to give you the number. If you're planning another pregnancy at some point, make sure it's as sorted as it can be beforehand to avoid worse problems.

IndigoBarbie Wed 10-Dec-14 22:10:45

Please try to see a Physio or chiro who know about the pelvis. Do not under any circumstance struggle on. I had severe Spd/pgp during and after my pg and it doesn't get better without a huge amount of rest, and also speaking to someone who can check you our and advise you.
Best of luck and don't be swayed by drs who say it will just go away. Even osteopaths instead of chiros can really help and Rolfing practitioners are miracle workers smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now