Talk

Advanced search

Second baby signs

(12 Posts)
emmaray90 Wed 03-Dec-14 07:44:27

Hi ladies!

I'm new to here, so hello! Due with second baby on the 15th of dec, I was induced with my first DS so feel like it's my first time all over again!

Been having some niggles for the past week, just to get me excited thinking oh maybe this is it! Then for them to stop completely hmm

Anyone else nearing their date going through the same?

Oneandahalfboys Wed 03-Dec-14 11:47:05

Hello, I'm due on 15th as well with ds2 and was induced last time round. I'm seeing my midwife this afternoon and I've got a list of questions to ask her, feel like an idiot because I've done it before but I'm still not sure what's going to happen or when I'll know I'm in labour. Had some mild period type pains on Monday but haven't felt anything since.

emmaray90 Wed 03-Dec-14 12:35:23

Hello smile

I'm the same at all my appointments, have the same midwife too and pretty sure I asked all the same questions first time around blush

Ah same as me, been having all these false contractions, usually at night, go to bed and wake up to nothing! It's so frustrating isn't it!

Jenninlw Wed 03-Dec-14 16:53:13

Me too! I'm due 11 dec and have a feeling the sleepless nights of random contractions with no joy will continue until past my due date! I keep thinking every night, this is it then nothing! So annoying - just had spicy Thai food to see if I can push things along a little smile

Zara8 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:08:27

I was induced with DS so had no idea either!

5 days before I was due with DD (a Friday) my plug started to go (after a vigorous session chasing DS at soft play the day before!). Bloody show on Friday eve, all day Saturday and on the Sunday. Had period type pains from the Friday (all below belly button), but they would stop when I rested and overnight. Waters went on 9pm Sunday night, pains gradually got much stronger, DD born at 7am the following morning.

MUCH MUCH MUCH less painful than my prostin induction with DS. However I was still absolutely relieved when the anaesthetist turned up to do the epidural!

Good luck thanks

Zara8 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:09:10

DD was born 2 days before her due date

emmaray90 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:53:37

Ah I'm so glad it's not just me!

Jenni, let me know if spicy food helps anything along, I have ibs so too scared to try anything too spicy blush But if helps baby out I may be persuaded! I've been on a very uphill walk with DH and DS but hasn't done much, just gave me a sore back, so currently bouncing on ball to see if I can push this baby down!

Oh good Zara! So it's true that natural births aren't as painful? This is the best news I've heard today!

Zara8 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:43:04

Absolutely Emma. During my induction I would have gladly taken death over the pain I was in. My natural labour was still fucking awfully painful but it wasn't a patch on the induction. Pushing was much easier too.

My top tip - even if you have epidural, ask the midwife if they can put bed into upright/birth stool position for pushing. Made it soooooo much easier than pushing on my back with DS.

7 weeks on my recovery is so much better too.

Good luck ladies! Think positive!

emmaray90 Wed 03-Dec-14 20:00:15

I know what you mean. I went as long as I could with no epidural,DH said it was like id completely swapped personalities as soon as the drugs kicked in, I dread to think what I was like before that!

Glad it went smoother for you this time round. Gives me hope smile I'll keep that in mind, anything to make the pushing a bit easier.

ImpatientMamma Thu 04-Dec-14 16:28:34

Due on 11th December here too! My pfb was born at 37+4 so this feels like it's taking forever. Been having bits of the show for the last 2.5 weeks but it's stepped up a notch today. I've got back ache, a spot (first one all pregnancy) and he's really low down. Please tell me these are signs!? Good luck OP and others due this month, keep us updated and fingers crossed for a baby far enough away from Christmas!

Chrystal0205 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:25:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

emmaray90 Thu 04-Dec-14 21:55:59

Hi Impatient smile oh so you've already went past the weeks that your pfb was born? That must be frustrating! I went to 42+1 with my ds1 so I shouldn't really be complaining yet.

All sound like good signs to me, but every ache I get I think is a sign, but atleast you've been having bits of show, I always go to the loo hoping to see something blush never thought the day would come Id be disappointed to see clean pants!

Keep us updated, and fingers crossed for before Christmas babies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now