Talk

Advanced search

Waxing a keloid cs scar (before 2nd cs)?

(11 Posts)
freelancegirl Tue 25-Nov-14 21:25:58

I'm aware this might not be a widely experienced issue but just wondering if anyone has had a keloid cs scar and what they have done about hair removal in advance of another cs? My keloid scar doesn't really bother me as it's below the bikini line but it is as thick as small rope and my consultant said he would cut it out this time (eww!). I don't however want a razor near it as it's so chunky so wondering what to do in advance of the second one re hair removal.

freelancegirl Wed 26-Nov-14 10:49:56

Thought I would try bumping - although I realise it's niche!

ReluctantCamper Wed 26-Nov-14 10:57:24

The hospital just used an electric razor before my cs, would that be ok for you?

fertilityFTW Wed 26-Nov-14 11:27:48

I've a massive keloid scar from my CS and I've had it waxed a number of times now when getting bikini area done - it's not been any trouble. Will wax again before childbirth/CS in a few months.

freelancegirl Wed 26-Nov-14 14:28:38

Ahh great, thanks for the replies. I'm not sure about the electric razor but if you've found waxing ok I will give that a go just in case they were tempted to break out the Bic. The scar can be itchy but that's dealable with. Thanks! Good luck with your second cs too. Am nervous about mine but looking forward to having the baby and also not being pregnant.

Teatimecakes Sun 30-Nov-14 00:09:07

My cs scar is keloid, I shave over it with no issues at all

freelancegirl Mon 01-Dec-14 13:09:03

Thanks Tea. Maybe I will be brave and just give shaving a go. Mine is really raised though.

Micah Mon 01-Dec-14 13:11:44

I'd check with your midwife and/or consultant on hospital policy.

I wasn't shaved before either my emergency or planned section. My hospital doesn't bother, it makes no difference.

No way could I put a razor near my scar :shudder:

sillymillyb Mon 01-Dec-14 13:17:18

I have no idea about scarring, but couldn't you use veet? Sorry if that's naive answer, just thought id chuck it out there as an alternative tho!

freelancegirl Mon 01-Dec-14 13:49:44

My midwife suggested Veet actually and I do use it on my legs. I might be wrong but was thinking it wasn't strong enough for the pubic area...? I have never tried it though it's not that I have super strong pubes

Teatimecakes Mon 01-Dec-14 16:24:38

Mine is raised about 3-4 mm in places. I've been shaving since about 3/4 months after the section. I always use good quality razors ( the kind with the little guards on the blades) and can honestly say I've never nicked it or made it bleed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now