Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sharp pain in c section wound?

(2 Posts)
Firstpregnancy2014 Sun 23-Nov-14 11:49:43

It's a week tomorrow since my ELCS, I feel like I've recovered well. That first time standing up I thought I was going to rip in two and I was on fire. Gradually it's got better.

Now I'm fine getting up and down as long as I take things slow, can bend down to pick things up, can wear normal clothes etc and generally not in any pain
However one side of my c section incision still has a burning sensation when i walk/move. It's not unbearable- it's uncomfy and makes me wince abit.
Had my stitches removed yesterday and midwife said everything looks absolutely fine... Did anyone else have this? Or is it just early days ?

Francescal88 Sun 23-Nov-14 11:53:47

Hi, I had this the day after my midwife removed my stitches (day 5 after caesarean!) About a centimetre at the very end of my incision had not closed up properly and I developed a mild infection. Is it weeping at all, does it look red and inflamed, does it feel warm to the touch? It's best to get your doctor to have a look at it. I was prescribed antibiotics and an antibiotic cream to apply, cleared up within a couple of days. I put a panty liner against my incision just to make sure it was kept dry and used to clean it with cotton wool and boiled water every time I went to the toilet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: