Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

water retention post csection

(7 Posts)
weeonion Wed 12-Nov-14 21:09:30

Hi folks. I am 7 days post csection. Still in a fair bit of pain but what i am finding most difficult is water retention.
my feet are HUGE - no shoe or boot will fit them! It goes the whole say up my legs - even my hips and bum are rock solid, swollen and taut.
i cant really walk as my feet wont bend!!

i have highlighted this to midwives who just say that it can take a few weeks!! Any advice or tips???

Twizzletoes Wed 12-Nov-14 22:42:28

I was the same, I was the size of a house all over. I think it took about two weeks for my feet to start to go down. I wore my husband's flip flops, they were that big. I had my feet up on my maternity pillow in bed, it helped the swelling.

Trunkisareshite Thu 13-Nov-14 09:37:57

It might not be true but I heard a bath with Epsom salts (think that's what they're called helps.

smogsville Thu 13-Nov-14 11:22:21

I had this. Thought it was bye bye ankles and hello club feet forever! Think I'd gone back to normal within a fortnight.

Yet another postnatal thing (my fave being a month of night sweats!) that no one warns you about..

SunflowerSmile Thu 13-Nov-14 11:30:07

I can relate -I had feet like a giants -I had to wear my husbands shoes!

At the hospital the doctors doing their checks would ask how I was -I kept just showing them my feet. It was so bad.

It went away.

I had my second DC in Australia -compression socks were mandatory whilst in the hospital -I had no swelling that time.

Congrats!

rallytog1 Thu 13-Nov-14 13:45:39

Yep, it's horrendous and terrifying and totally normal! Think mine took about 3 weeks to go down in hands and feet, then tummy took even longer. I was particularly annoyed because my ankles and wrists are the only bits of me that are skinny! You WILL go back to normal, no matter how much you feel like you won't.

Congratulations thanks

weeonion Thu 13-Nov-14 14:38:47

Thanks folks. It is grim - not sure if it is the fluids they pump in during / after section. It is tough to walk as I feel rock solid but I guess patience is the only thing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now