Talk

Advanced search

Private Midwives in London

(7 Posts)
LondonLady30 Wed 12-Nov-14 14:17:21

Hey ladies,

I�m sure this thread has been done to death but I�m a bit lazy so am listing it again ;)

Can anyone recommend a private midwife who works in London? One who is used to supporting labours at St Thomas� would be amazing but more important that they are very good and will support in any hospital setting (some that I�ve seen are just home birth).

Cheers!

MissyBear10 Mon 17-Nov-14 21:33:27

Not sure about st thomas's but neighbourhood midwives and the fabulous Tina would be my choice. I booked her for postnatal care and I wouldn't hesitate to use her for a vb.

Teatimecakes Mon 17-Nov-14 22:56:19

I'm with the London birth practice and they are wonderful :-)

minifingers Mon 17-Nov-14 23:52:40

Had two babies with Tina at Neighbourhood Midwives - she's great. Would totally recommend.

LondonLady30 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:18:18

Thanks folks- called and asked for Tina after seeing these but seems she doesnt do my part of london hmm

Teatimecakes, we are meeting with Jacqui from London Birth Practice tonight so fingers crossed!

Teatimecakes Tue 18-Nov-14 12:50:05

Jacqui looks after me too! She's lovely and won midwife of the year back in March :-) Hope it goes well. I'm overdue now so will try not to go into labour and mess up your appointment! :-) x

LondonLady30 Sun 22-Nov-15 20:24:10

I know this thread has been a long time dead but I just wanted to post our experiences on here for others to see.

In the end we went with Neighbourhood Midwives. We chose them over London Birth Practice primarily as 1) they allowed us to pay monthly 2) they did an NHS top up package which was much cheaper than the full package and which suited our needs better.

We had Corina and Cheryl as our midwives and I cannot recommend them highly enough. From start to finish they were professional, warm, reassuring and knowledgable. In fact we trusted them so much we ended up having a home birth! (A million miles away from what we were planning) It was calm and I'd even go as far as to say I'd do it again and that I enjoyed it. What surprised me most was how much the midwives could do - they do all the post care and there was no need to go in to hospital at all. They could do everything from managing the fourth stage to dealing with post birth injuries. They also did all of the baby care in the hours and days afterwards.

Our memories of the whole thing are lovely - after the birth, they put me in my own shower, we ordered a curry from our fave local with champagne to celebrate then they tucked me up in my own bed. All in all, would recommend it to anyone who has had a straight forward labour - especially if its a second baby like ours was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now