Talk

Advanced search

*help!!* What bag to buy?

(6 Posts)
joflores Tue 11-Nov-14 13:31:38

confused!!

I am a first time mum who worries about EVERYTHING!! I am 30 weeks and been looking at buying a holdall to use as my maternity bag but some are too small and some are too big !! Wheels or no wheels pockets no pockets two bags or one big one !!

Sleepyhoglet Tue 11-Nov-14 15:38:29

I'd try not to buy something special if you have stuff already. I'd try to separate things though- labour bag and baby bag and poss after bag

pippinleaf Tue 11-Nov-14 22:26:55

Those hessian supermarket bags? Your normal suitcase? A rucksack? I honestly don't think buying a bag especially is worth it.

TriciaMcM Tue 11-Nov-14 23:03:48

I have a separate labour & post labour bag packed. Labour bag is smallish hold-all, just what i need for labour & immediately afterwards & 2 sets of baby clothes, nappy, blankets etc. the other bag will be brought from car boot by himself post baby arrival. Use any bag you have, don't buy especially. I doubt anyone will be checking if you have monogrammed matching luggage wink

They usually say not to bring too much as there may not be much storage, depending on hospital/room/ward.

Hazchem Tue 11-Nov-14 23:08:08

What sort of bags do you already have? You don;t really need anything special.
This time round I'm packing a small wheeled case (this will contain enough stuff for labour and up to a 12 hour stay). If I can be arsed (not looking likely) I'll pack a second bag with stuff for a longer stay which will stay in the car. However both are cases we already had. If I didn't have them I;d use an overnight bag, or a big bag for life, or a large handbag.

KellyNewton Wed 12-Nov-14 00:24:44

Get a bag that you can use until the baby is a little older. Durability also is a must. Most bags nowadays are expensive but seems to me all worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now