Talk

Advanced search

Strange bleeding 16 days after birth...

(4 Posts)
hannah818 Sun 09-Nov-14 10:06:30

I gave birth to a second little girl 16 days ago after being induced at 37 weeks by pessary, it was a very quick normal delivery (only 1hr39mins) and my bleeding after birth was very little really and seemed to be trailing off. But in the last few days i started bleeding quite heavily, but only when i sat on the toilet ( strangely). Throughout the day when i am out and about the bleeding is minimal and sometimes none exsistant until i go to the toilet again, where is seems to drip into the toilet and is very fresh red ( sorry if tmi blush )
Im jusy wondering if this is normal and it will stop or if i should contact someone as it has been occuring for a few days now?

fattycow Sun 09-Nov-14 11:02:32

I think it is normal for post-birth bleeding to have an ebb and flow. And maybe it is more when you go to the toilet because you are using the muscles down there?

TriciaMcM Sun 09-Nov-14 13:38:28

I'd contact maternity hospital or GP. Might be nothing but I had an infection afterwards (a week or two later I think) & had to go back for antibiotics or some treatment. It's a bit of a blur now but was easily treatable whatever it was.

bonbonpixie Thu 13-Nov-14 23:49:35

Are you passing any largish clots? If so I'd definitely contact your delivery ward as it could be a sign of some retained tissue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now