Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have a failed induction?

(3 Posts)
buildalegohouse Wed 05-Nov-14 15:57:46

Just curious really. I had DD 3 weeks ago, my waters broke at 5.30am on a Saturday morning and over the course of the next 40 hours I had two pessaries and then spent 13 hours on the induction drip. After all that I hadn't had a single contraction and was 0cm dilated! I ended up having a C Section.

I'm curious about why the induction hadn't worked on me. The midwives and doctors seemed a bit stumped. Anyone had a similar experience?

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 05-Nov-14 19:24:18

My induction failed. After 4 sweeps I went in on the Thursday evening, had 4 (?) pessaries and got to 1-2 cm. They ruptured my membrane on the Monday and put me on syntocinon. 12 hours later I'd only made it to 4cm. I was developing a temperature and baby's HR was dipping so I ended up with an EMCS at 4th on the Tuesday.

I've no idea why it didn't work. I guess I just wasn't ready.

I'm now 35 weeks with DD2 and refusing any induction interventions. If I go naturally then fine but I'll be quite happy with an ELCS at 40 + 12.

mylittlemonkey Fri 07-Nov-14 11:21:29

I was induced at 42 weeks and after 24 hours work a pessary I silk Wad not even 1cm so they broke my waters which still did not make a difference until they gave me the drip. After 2 days in total I made it to 9 cm but would not go any further so was given a c section. I just think my body was not ready for baby to come out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now