Talk

Advanced search

c section out of health board

(3 Posts)
natharley11 Tue 04-Nov-14 19:26:33

I want to have my c section done at a different hospital to the one in area for. know we on cusp between Gwent and Cardiff

midwife given me contact no for someone at heath didn't sound particularly convincing tho. how likely is it they will agree to this x

RedToothBrush Wed 05-Nov-14 15:40:52

You can give birth in a different trust if you want. You are free to chose your hospital (though in certain areas this is more difficult if the hospital is exceptionally busy but this seems to be restricted to London).

It can be a bit of a ball ache as different trusts have different policies and you will still have the same community midwives (your midwife might be being difficult as its more complex for her to deal with another authority she's not familiar with).

natharley11 Thu 06-Nov-14 15:00:15

she gave me contact no for the trust who refused as can be dealt with by local authority.
advised to try hospital had my son in which again a different authority don't know if they will have same reaction and only had a general email address so waiting to hear back now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now