Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Waters have broken!

(8 Posts)
GeorgiexXx Wed 29-Oct-14 05:17:12

Hi there, I am 38+4 and my waters broke a few hours ago. Really unexpected as everyone says that you'll be late with your first child. I rang the hospital and they said to get some sleep and ring them later on if contractions haven't started. I've been getting irregular contractions ever since so sleep is impossible. Just wanted to see if anyone could impart any wisdom for the day ahead :-)

Hairylegs47 Wed 29-Oct-14 05:22:11

OOO exciting times!
I would say sleep if you can, but that's not possible with your contractions.

Don't stress and enjoy it - if you get what I mean.

Welcome to the roller coaster!

FedUpBeingShouty Wed 29-Oct-14 05:24:02

Rest if you can but also try to keep moving as things progress. Eat something light and stay hydrated. Remember that each contraction is one closer to meeting your baby smile Good luck!

GeorgiexXx Wed 29-Oct-14 05:26:14

DH is fast asleep as he knows this will be a long day. I've given up on sleep and just want to clean the house and wash my hair!I'm really excited to meet my little one but it suddenly feels very real and anxiety is creeping in :-)

FedUpBeingShouty Wed 29-Oct-14 18:45:26

How's it going OP?

ChineseFireball Wed 29-Oct-14 20:06:24

How's it going? Any baby news, OP? smile

GeorgiexXx Wed 05-Nov-14 09:28:43

Sorry for late update! Baby Calvin was born on 30/10/14 at 10:06am weighing 7lb 14oz. It was a long labour, 33 hours from start to finish, but he was worth it. Just been in a baby bubble for the last week :-)

loudarts Wed 05-Nov-14 09:36:05

Congratulations. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now