Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In early labour - walk or sleep?

(5 Posts)
allduffedup Sat 23-Aug-14 10:13:00

My waters went around midnight, and I've been into hospital. They sent me home to wait for labour to start. It did and I was having contractions every 2.5-4 min which were 30-40s in length. However, it seems to have slowed right down now, more sporadic and weaker:shorter contractions. I'm tired after being up all night- should I take the opportunity to slew a bit or stay active to try and ramp things up again?

SweetsForMySweet Sat 23-Aug-14 10:22:10

Ring the midwife to let her know that things have slowed down. I would say if you are tired, try to rest unless Mw says otherwise.Your baby will be here before you know it!!smile

biscuitsandbandages Sat 23-Aug-14 10:26:02

If you can sleep then sleep. If you cant then walk.

Good luck and hope you get to meet your little one soon flowers

MollyBdenum Sat 23-Aug-14 10:26:41

If you want to sleep, sleep. If you go to bed, can't sleep and feel restless, get up and go for a walk. Basically, listen to your body and do whatever it prompts you to do. In both my labours, I had moments of extreme tiredness. I went to bed at those points.

allduffedup Sat 23-Aug-14 15:18:51

Thanks, have tried sleeping, which midwife also suggested when we spoke again. I get a bit of a doze between contractions. Contractions are now quite strong and painful but more like 10 min apart :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now