Talk

Advanced search

terrified of giving birth this time....help!!

(6 Posts)
Hollymilli14 Fri 21-Mar-14 01:01:50

This will be my 3rd baby and for some reason in absolutely terrified of giving birth and certain in going to bleed to death and not be around to see my girls grow up...
i have always enjoyed and been excited to give birth with my last 2 so this is really worrying me and as dd gets closer the more panicked in getting.
my partner and family think im being daft and say its because ive had such a rough pregnancy this time around that in thinking this way but in not so sure...
i don't know how to get over this and its a constant stress. Its like i cant even picture bringing her home or anything as i feel i wont be here. Was wondering if anyone else has ever felt this way or am i crazy?!?!?

i just don't know in feeling like this and i cant sleep hardly through so much worry!! ��
i feel IM going mad!!

Hollymilli14 Fri 21-Mar-14 01:03:15

im
(bloody auto correct!!)

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Fri 21-Mar-14 01:05:57

Oh no Holly that sounds so stressful! Why do you think you feel like this? Did your other deliveries go smoothly?

Pregnancy is such an anxious time, would you consider doing hynobirthing/ natal hypnotherapy?

Have you told your MW how you feel?

dylsmimi Fri 21-Mar-14 01:13:36

I used the natal htpnotherapy cds and they were great. Really helped. I had a difficult first birth probably alot to do with anxiety.
maybe try writing down your concerns and then thinking of practical ways you can reduce them.
but it sounds like you need to talk to your mw as this wont help your blood pressure etc
but not now - try and calm down, breathe deeply and sleep

good luck i am sure it all will go fine

Hollymilli14 Fri 21-Mar-14 07:59:30

Thank you.
i feel so stupid! My first 2 births went as good as can be,(except with my 2nd my placenta got stuck and got taken to theatre) but apart from that it was all smooth.
ive been bleeding from 13weeks with a hematoma in this pregnancy and ive been in and out of labour from 23weeks (IM now 30 weeks)
i have no idea where this has come from that's what makes it so scary,i did mention to my mw and the Drs in hospital my fears and they just said that in basically worrying and Il be fine...
in not sure if its because of all the bleeding that ive already had that this is why im thinking all this.
then to make matters worse,myself,mu partner and my sister have all been having dreams about our teeth falling out (crazy) and my sister knows a lady that studys dreams and there meanings and apparently it can mean a death in the family!! So in even more sure that in going to die now..
i was thinking of making a gp appointment and talking to my Dr properly as it really is getting me down. Pregnancy is suppose to be enjoyable but i can honestly say ive been worried and anxious from day one so haven't enjoyed any of it...
:-(

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Fri 21-Mar-14 15:19:55

Oh Holly, I'm so sorry you are not enjoying your pregnancy. I'm not surprised you are anxious and I don't think you are stupid at all. It all sounds very stressful.

That said, IME medical professionals don't sugarcoat things, and if they don't think you should be unduly worried that's very positive. Maybe it's worth stressing to them again how anxious you are?

Teething crumbling/falling out is a really common dream. I have only ever heard it related to growing up or having children! I had it lots in my pregnancy too and am very much alive. I think the dream interpreting friend sounds like a scaremonger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now