Talk

Advanced search

Emptying the birth pool

(6 Posts)
Misty9 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:43:42

How do you do this? I know I can buy a kit from online places, but at £50 and not even guaranteed to use it (planned with ds but ended up induced) there must be a simpler/cheaper way!

Also, does it need to be food grade hose or will any old hose do?

Misty9 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:56:34

Obviously it would be a new hose, either way...

JuniperTisane Thu 20-Mar-14 22:00:04

Dont need a food grade hose to empty it, you do to fill it though so it might as well be the same one. Your partner can empty it with a bucket if feeling energetic but a pump is much easier. Are you hiring a pool or have you bought one?

Beccadugs Thu 20-Mar-14 22:05:23

We bought a pump from Maplin for about a tenner.

Should add it was to pump out a whole in our incomplete front drive... But it shouldn't matter if it's to use post birth!!

Misty9 Thu 20-Mar-14 22:11:02

We've bought one from eBay - I didn't realise it didn't have all the kit though sad
Ooh, a tenner from maplin? That sounds better! I think it has to be a dirty water submersible pump though... Sigh. I think we'll just have to fork out for the kit then.

JuniperTisane Thu 20-Mar-14 22:15:23

I bought my pool from a local NCT sale. It didn't have all the gubbins either so we bought a kit for about £45 quid. It was just easier, and still cheaper than buying/hiring from scratch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now