Talk

Advanced search

Induction and raspberry leaf tea

(8 Posts)
blueberrypudding Thu 20-Mar-14 20:40:51

Hi all! First time mum and was wondering if anyone could help with a quick question?

I've got an induction booked in for my EDD because of giant baby compared to my BMI (estimated foetal weight already 9lbs 11). With the pain meant to be worse with an induction is it still advisable to drink raspberry leaf tea for a quicker second stage? Or is this just making things difficult for myself? I'd really like to avoid an epidural if at all possible. What were people's experiences like?

OsMalleytheCat Thu 20-Mar-14 20:46:51

Honestly, everyone is different so what worked for you might not work for others etc, I personally drank gallons of the stuff from about 36weeks right up until 42 weeks and was still begging the midwife for an epidural with every contraction and my labour slowed so much I had an EMCS I personally don't think it works at all!
Good luck with your labour!

Ilovekittyelise Thu 20-Mar-14 22:38:43

none of these things do anything. seriously. waste of time.

bopoityboo3 Thu 20-Mar-14 23:43:34

I drank buckets of the stuff with DD and am taking the tablets this time round. I had a quick first labour with DD and was induced, from first contraction to baby turning up it was less then 6 hours. Don't know if the raspberry leaf tea helped or not but I like to think it did as my second stage wasn't long at all.

isambardo Fri 21-Mar-14 09:52:22

I drank LOADS of raspberry leaf tea and was induced when I had my son. Very good birth and quick second stage, as others have said there isn't any real proof it works but I will drink gallons again if I have another baby.

blueberrypudding Fri 21-Mar-14 11:25:30

Thanks everyone!

ToriaPumpkin Fri 21-Mar-14 16:04:56

I drank loads of it with DS and was induced at 39+4 due to size. I did have morphine as the contractions were very intense but never considered an epidural.

I had a 10 minute second stage. Make of that what you will grin

I'm currently 33 weeks with DC2 and have just started drinking it again! Can't hurt, right?

WeeClype Fri 21-Mar-14 16:09:43

I have no idea about the tea but I've had 4 DC's, 2 were induced and 2 were natural and I honestly don't think the pain was any different between induced and natural. If I had to pick my worst labour it was the last one and she was natural.

Good luck for when the time comes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now