Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Regretting agreeing to a natural birth

(5 Posts)
m90 Wed 19-Mar-14 14:29:56

Hi, I'm nearly 36 weeks and at my 9 week appointment I discussed some problems with MW, I had a difficult first birth resulting in 2nd degree tear, don't think I've recovered yet still painful, anyway MW suggestion C-section as an option then said a natural could be what I need to sort out existing problem, which at the time I thought was reasonable but now I'm getting closer I am beginning to regret decision! thinking about if I get a worse tear or if pain doesn't improve.

Any advise gratefully received Thank you

nosleeptillbedtime Wed 19-Mar-14 14:33:41

I think it is up to you. I ended up with an emergency c section and it was fine. Recovery was quicker than I thought too. I can't comment on Whether a natural birth would solve any existing probs. if you are thinking of an elected section, I think you need to start a discussion with hospitalnow now as to whether this is a possibility.

SinisterSal Wed 19-Mar-14 14:36:49

I think a decision made at 9 weeks shouldn't be held as the final one, tbh.

I wouldn't worry about changing my mind at this point at all.

blueberryupsidedown Wed 19-Mar-14 14:46:56

I don't understand the logic that a 2nd natural birth would solve your existing problems. If I was in your shoes, I would go to HV, or to GP, and ask for an emergency appointment with a consultant and discuss it with him/her. Chances are, their knowledge and understanding of your physical pain will be more thorough than a MW's. I've had two emergency c sections for completely different reasons (both related to the babies' health rather than mine) and if there are no complications, c sections are generally safe. Of course, more difficult recovery than a streight forward natural birth, but possibly less than a difficult birth/ 2nd degree tear.

m90 Wed 19-Mar-14 15:14:03

Thank you all for getting back to me I have a MW appt friday so will ask her to refer me to consultant( hope it's a better one than what I saw at 20 weeks she didnt care one bit how I felt). I think they thought a bit of stretching out scar would help and if not they would re-stitch old scar

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: