Talk

Advanced search

When would you opt for induction? hosp offer it from +7 to +14

(7 Posts)
Sillylass79 Tue 11-Mar-14 13:10:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pregnantagain7 Wed 12-Mar-14 19:40:03

It's totally up to you, what I will say is I had out of my three births I had two inductions and they were great I did have and epidural with both but pushed both out with no probs and the last one was 10lb 8. I was so relaxed even had a sleep for an hour with the last one at 10 cm dilated to give him chance to come down as far as poss as he was back to back, I'm sure me being relaxed helped as I had no stitches with either of them and both were back to back! smile

RandomMess Wed 12-Mar-14 19:42:34

I'd say +14 because the 2 inductions I had at +17 and +14 were a breeze compared to the two I had at +7 and term!

Completely up to you though.

Parliamo Wed 12-Mar-14 19:54:44

Might depend a bit on their policy. At my 2nd induction for dd3 I had prostin (sp?) pessary and I think they leave in 24 hours and you can have 2 lots, so it could be 48 hours before you go into labour. If the pessary alone works they then class it as spontaneous labour and let you go to midwife unit(fab). But once you are 40+15 they make you go to consultant led unit for continuous monitoring(grim).

So going in at +10 would give you more chance of labouring in mlu and is what they want you to do (also gives them more time to let you hang about waiting if they're busy)

I went in at +14 not quite understanding all that, but because I was already in transition at midnight there was no moving me from my lovely beanbag!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 12-Mar-14 19:59:57

+ 14, with daily monitoring if that would make you more comfortable.

Ds1 was induced at +15 and it was fine. If I'd have been induced any earlier I'm not sure it would have been so straightforward as I don't think he would have been ready (he didn't look 16 days overdue).

RandomMess Wed 12-Mar-14 20:05:20

Have to say my birth notes were full of

"no continuous monitoring"
"no catheter if I have an epidural"

and so on, although they may have a policy of x y z you can refuse.

TheScience Wed 12-Mar-14 20:05:35

My hospital offer daily monitoring from +10 and induction at +14, which is what I would have gone for if it came to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now