Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to North Middlesex since the new birth centre opened?

(9 Posts)
ecuse Mon 10-Mar-14 11:33:55

I'm aware of the horrendous reputation of North Middlesex in the past. However they have a new birth centre which on paper looks fab and I'm wondering whether anyone has actually experienced it since all the money was poured into it? It's about equidistant from me to Whipps Cross which is my default choice but I'm new to the area and have heard mixed reviews about that too.

DeMaz Mon 10-Mar-14 15:28:29

Ecuse, I've been there! I had both my daughters at that hospital but via c- section! I didn't experience the whole new birthing centre bit but I did see it! It's very good! Large rooms with own facilities and double beds so partners can stay overnight!
This hospital DID have a pretty horrid reputation but since it has become a university hospital it has completely changed! I was very well looked after during antenatal and postnatal care so I have no complaints.
Good luck.

ecuse Mon 10-Mar-14 22:24:06

Thanks, DeMaz. When did you have yours? I am sort of hoping to stumble on an undiscovered gem with a great midwife:patient ratios because everyone is put off by out of date reviews grin

DeMaz Wed 12-Mar-14 05:34:14

I had my first C-section three years ago and even though my c-section went really well, I wasn't very impressed with the after care!
This time around, even though I wasn't in the birthing suite, I noticed a massive difference! The midwives really took care of my daughter and I! They were friendly and helpful! (The postnatal ward/maternity ward is in the process of being built but the level of care was still great)
I would advise to give the hospital a call and visit the birthing suite. I'm pretty sure they'd allow you to do that!

All the best.

ecuse Wed 12-Mar-14 15:10:53

I think I'll do that, thanks. My other local option is Whipps Cross and they get mixed reviews as well.

purplemonsta15 Thu 25-Aug-16 09:59:29

Dont be fooled by the glitsy new centre - it doesnt in the slightest mean that it has good staff!
I had a horrendous experience in 2015 where i didnt get any pain relief because they couldnt pull their fingers out. The midwife was so rude i wanted to kick her in her stupid face. And she cut me to yank my baby out. As a result of the experience ive developed PTSD and have had to have therapy just to get back to the old me.
I would advise ALL women to avoid this joke of a hospital. Money and development mean nothing if the people are running the place are s*it

ACubed Fri 26-Aug-16 07:40:48

I used the birthing centre and the midwives were great, I couldn't have asked for a better service. When my labour stopped progressing after 12 hours and I had to go to the ward, the doctors were really on the ball and an emergency c section saved the baby's life after his heart dropped really low. And this was a Sunday, so fuck you Jeremy hunt! After care was a bit slow as they're massively understaffed, so this wonderful nurse stayed way after her shift had ended -unpaid- doing the baby checks so that more people could be discharged. Such hard working staff in my experience.

ACubed Fri 26-Aug-16 07:41:21

This was March of this year to clarify.

GordonBennett2017 Thu 10-Nov-16 12:21:44

I know this original post was a couple of years ago now but I'm keen to hear from the original poster ecuse on which hospital she choose and the experience? I'm in a similar situation trying to decide between North Middlesex and whipps cross so keen to hear more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now