Talk

Advanced search

Weird pains overnight

(4 Posts)
onceipopicantstop Sun 02-Mar-14 09:58:53

I'm 39 weeks. Woke last night for a wee, then checked on ds. After bending over him I suddenly had really bad pains in my tummy and back, but only on the left side. I do find some movements like bending over set off bh at times but this was different. Really intense, almost like a very very bad stitch. All down my left side and around to my back. But my bump wasn't tight so don't think it was a contraction, and it lasted for 30 mins. Couldn't sit down as it hurt too much. Ended up waking dh as I was in so much pain I started to worry something was really wrong! Was on the verge of ringing labour ward for advice but it eased and I went back to sleep. Since then have had some back ache and bh - same as usual. Baby moving fine. We had dtd a couple of hours before pain started but no idea if that is relevant.
Any ideas what it could be??

Alice2014 Sun 02-Mar-14 12:16:14

I've had this a good couple of times now and that's exactly how I described it to my DH. It always eases off after around 20-30 mins but it such an intense pain. Rightly or wrongly, I've put it down to lack of space and baby twisting. Will be eagerly watching to see if anyone has had a medical verdict though.

onceipopicantstop Sun 02-Mar-14 17:25:31

Hi Alice - it's reassuring to know someone else has had the same. Maybe it was just the baby in an awkward position as you say.
So painful though - when it first started I was thinking omg if this is early labour pain there is no way I'm going to cope!!! So was glad in a weird way that it was something else!

Alice2014 Sun 02-Mar-14 18:43:28

Yeah I sure was glad that it wasn't labour pains - this is my first child and when the breathing through the pain wasn't working I literally didn't know what to do. Fifteen minutes after it started DH came home, I sobbed to him that I couldn't deal with it and we needed to go to the hospital. He went to get the phone and the number for the hospital just as it ended. I'm hopeful that the real deal will be less painful than that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now