Talk

Advanced search

Where did your waters break?

(69 Posts)
behindthetimes Fri 28-Feb-14 19:23:43

I know most peoples go when they are already in labour so probably somewhat prepared, last time mine went in my friends spare bed blush,completely unexpected. I'm now 37 weeks and feeling a little nervous! Anyone else had their waters go in interesting places?

ThursdayLast Fri 28-Feb-14 19:24:34

On the ante natal ward.
Not even remotely interesting sorry grin

behindthetimes Fri 28-Feb-14 19:30:24

Yes, I'm hoping for a non-interesting one this time too!

MissSmiley Fri 28-Feb-14 19:31:22

All over midwife's face seconds before baby popped out. The pressure was so great the waters hit the ceiling!

LegoCaltrops Fri 28-Feb-14 19:33:14

On the bed, labour ward. I had ARM , which was not the most most fun thing I've ever experienced...

Weegiemum Fri 28-Feb-14 19:33:36

With dd1 they were broken for me, ds I was in bed, but dd2 was great! They went on the second-last contraction, just as the rather up herself very posh junior doctor who had attached herself to me was bending down for a look. Full in the face with a very audible pop. I thought the midwife was going to wet herself, it was so funny!

Weegiemum Fri 28-Feb-14 19:34:26

grin Snap! MissSmiley!

FortyFacedFuckers Fri 28-Feb-14 19:34:46

I'm my bed, 40 hours after contractions started.

LeslieKnope Fri 28-Feb-14 19:35:04

Onto the carpet in our spare room
as I leant over the bed.

It was only the start of a very long HB shock .

Showy Fri 28-Feb-14 19:35:06

Waters breaking was my first sign of labour both times. DC1, on the sofa at 38 weeks. DC2, in bed and asleep at 37 weeks.

lucjam Fri 28-Feb-14 19:35:21

In bed at 35 weeks was like a tsunami

iwouldgoouttonight Fri 28-Feb-14 19:35:24

With DS I don't remember them going at all, I assume they must have broke as he was actually born.

With DD it was so was marching around the living room during contractions. I asked DP to go upstairs and get me clean clothes and then yelled at him because he'd brought down summer trousers when it was January! Poor DP couldn't do anything right that evening grin

MrsBungle Fri 28-Feb-14 19:37:18

First time - when the midwife broke them with the hook.

Second time - in a cafe and I had to waddle back across the high street to my car looking like I has pissed myself!

callamia Fri 28-Feb-14 19:40:21

In the library.
I was nearly a fortnight overdue, and booked for induction. I thought my bladder had finally gone and walked home feeling more and more soggy. I only really twigged when I got home.

behindthetimes Fri 28-Feb-14 20:02:30

lego what is ARMS.
I like the idea of drenching snotting doctors, do NOT like the idea of public waters breaking!

HandragsNGladbags Fri 28-Feb-14 20:04:00

DD1 in bed middle of the night bang on 40 weeks.

DD2 about 5 seconds after she had been born grin

Gowaygoway Fri 28-Feb-14 20:06:46

On the floor of our lounge while DS was having a poo on the potty!

AntoinetteCosway Fri 28-Feb-14 20:07:00

On the loo-it was the start of labour. Best place for them to go I reckon!

spiderlight Fri 28-Feb-14 20:07:26

All over the midwife on my living room floor at about 5cm dilated.

Cacraig2 Fri 28-Feb-14 20:10:28

With dd1 waters broke on lounge couch at 40+3 when dog jumped on me to retrieve his squeaky toy! Shame he is lying fast asleep next to me this now in no mood to play ;-)

Ran to bathroom and stood in bath like Niigata falls couldn't stop laughing!! Contractions didn't start for few hours then wasn't laughing so much.

mrsbug Fri 28-Feb-14 20:15:58

Snap with lucjam - in bed at 35w, massive gush, bit of a surprise (understatement).

If I hadn't cancelled my plans for the evening I would have been driving alone down country roads... Now that would have been interesting grin

CPtart Fri 28-Feb-14 20:25:33

DS1 on the loo, 24hrs before delivery.
Ds2 with a pop, at the actual pushing stage.

Showy Fri 28-Feb-14 20:27:18

ARM = artificial rupture of membranes (waters broken for you) as opposed to SROM (spontaneous rupture of membranes).

AryaOfHouseSnark Fri 28-Feb-14 20:29:19

Very publicly, in a pub \ restaurant. A huge flood not a trickle. blush
Still embarrassed nearly 4 years later. Never ever been back.

WhispersOfWickedness Fri 28-Feb-14 20:36:29

DC1 was in hospital, was sat in bed with an epidural in situ when the midwife peeked under the sheet and said 'ooo, do you think your waters have gone?' confused How should I know? I'm numb from the waist down! grin

DC2 was when I was lying next to DC1 in his bed, waiting for him to fall asleep. Luckily he was, so I had to waddle to the bathroom and disturb DH who had just got in the bath and was NOT impressed grin she was born 2 1/2 hours later grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now