Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recover for c section with newborn and toddler

(7 Posts)
mostlyconfused Wed 19-Feb-14 20:06:17

Hey. I was just wondering how people found recovering from a c section with their section baby? I had a section with my first and remember finding it difficult to lift things, lie on my side but nothing major. I'm worried if I end up with a section this time, the recover will be harder because I'll have a 3 year old to run about after also.

Thanks

sara1752 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:13:16

I dont know much about the actual recovery as never had a c section

However I almost had one with dc2 and my mum gave me some good advice regarding elder dc.
Get ur child used to not being picked up and try and sort measures to aid in places I.e have a step by the bath so u dont have to lift
Do this before baby arrives so child is well used to it beforehand so its not so much of a shock
Sorry proberly no help at all!
Good luck with ur new baby

sausagefortea Wed 19-Feb-14 20:53:14

My 2nd c section was fine recovery wise (once home....found it a bit more scary/painful than first time round but 1 st time I was rather dazed). I dud have help but actually it was fine as long as I remembered to kneel down to my toddler so he could climb on my knee. I knew when I had pushed it a bit too far but I then made sure and rested for a bit. I I did have my DM on hand to entertain my eldest for a while which helped a lot.

dontevenblink Thu 20-Feb-14 03:18:40

I had a 23 month old and an almost 4 year old when I had ds2 by elcs. Its not ideal, but you just learn to adapt really. The kids were amazingly good at not jumping on me, though I suppose they got used to this anyway when I was pregnant. I bent down on one knee and let ds1 climb onto me, and if they wanted a cuddle when I was on sofa I made them climb up to me. Dh had 2 weeks off which really helped. I think you just get on with it really, if I overdid it at all (like having dds 4th birthday party 2 weeks after!) I just forced myself to sit down for a bit. I stayed in hospital for 5 days as itmeant I had a good rest, but you get your own room with ensuite as standard after a c-section here in New Zealand, so might not be as relaxing on the nhs (I had first 2dc in UK).

mostlyconfused Thu 20-Feb-14 18:57:26

Thanks! I feel less panicked now smile

ThatBloodyWoman Thu 20-Feb-14 19:02:02

I had an 18 month old and then had a c section with my second.

I organised extra help with my mum and sister as dh had to return to work straight away.

I just did the basics, and got active asap.

cravingcake Thu 20-Feb-14 20:27:52

I had a 4th degree tear, shoulder dystocia, pph & episiotomy which tore further with DC1. Recovery was months, extremely painful and difficult emotionally and physically.

I had ELCS with DC2 4 weeks ago and it has been so much easier. I have had fulltime help with my mum staying for a few weeks so havent needed to lift DS or do anything strenuous. But i have felt able to drive from 2 weeks and have been able to run about with DS at soft play this week without pain (being careful obviously).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now