Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding 3 months after CS

(3 Posts)
Tinyflutterby Tue 18-Feb-14 18:26:21

Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this. Basically had 5 or 6 weeks of lochia after C section, then nothing until period started last week (3 months after birth) then today, out of nowhere I have some bleeding again. No idea what's going on, seems a bit trivial to bother GP with. Anyone else experienced similar? Oh, and I did have a tiny bit of spotting a couple of weeks before my period started too.

malteser17 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:39:15

I had a c-section and I read that it can take a while for your body to settle down and get back into a proper cycle again. So what you thought was a period last week might not actually have been a proper one. I've had what I thought were a couple of periods where I started bleeding but only lasted a day, and I've only had one where it lasted a few days that I would actually class as a proper period (and my DS is 11mo old!)

To be fair though, my cycle was erratic before I got pregnant but as I'm 42 I'm not too worried by this lack of periods since.

I would just recommend making a note of when you start bleeding and when you stop but I wouldn't worry about it unless it doesn't settle down in the next 3 or 4 months. It's just natures way of recovering from what is fairly major abdominal surgery and the after effects of the pregnancy.

Hope this helps.

TheWiseOldElf Wed 19-Feb-14 16:57:51

I had 6 weeks of lochia after my c section and had some bleeding, which I thought at the time was a period, approx 1 month later but I then didn't have any bleeding for another 6 months or so. I think unless it's particularly heavy or otherwise worrying (smelly, has clots etc which might indicate infection) it's unlikely to be anything to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now