Talk

Advanced search

Could my waters have broken?

(4 Posts)
marleymooo Tue 18-Feb-14 12:59:16

I'm 38+4 today and after a sleepness night got up around 6 as DS needed the loo. Went myself and by the time I got back to the bedroom I had 2 separate gushes and my pjs were saturated. But not a sausage since! My waters broke on DS1 at 37+5 and started with gushes like this morning but then didn't stop! Kept coming and coming for a good few hours and pains didn't start for another 8 hours or so.

I'm booked for elcs on 24th and the consultant said if things were to start to was to ring straight away and not hang about at home. But I've convinced myself now it was urine (embarrassed face). I have no pains bar the odd niggle. Should I just wait it out this afternoon and see what happens? I'd be absolutely mortified to go to hospital and find out all is intact!

Thanks ladies.

MangoBiscuit Tue 18-Feb-14 13:04:37

I know this sounds a bit grim, but if you still have your PJs you should be able to tell. Urine and amniotic fluid smell quite different.

When mine went it was a big gush, then seemed to stop and start for some time. Also had no pains for ages, even went to the dentists before going in to hospital as I didn't want to reschedule and wait ages for an appointment.

MangoBiscuit Tue 18-Feb-14 13:05:35

Ooh, and if it is, good luck! Wishing you a safe, speedy, pain-free (as much as possible!) labour. smile

marleymooo Tue 18-Feb-14 13:10:47

Thanks mango. I have went back to the pjs lol and that are soaked but I honestly can't tell. There definitely isn't a strong urine smell anyhow. My mum is coming for lunch so I may ask her opinion (now that is grim!)

If this is it they have said I can trial labour (emcs due to malpresesntation on ds but they didn't realise until I was fully dilated!) but the choice is mine really. I don't k ow which I prefer I guess ill just see how things go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now