Talk

Advanced search

Dates - as is fruit, not uncomfortable nights out/calendars

(12 Posts)
Catsize Sun 16-Feb-14 21:52:19

At my last appt, my midwife revealed that dates are supposed to be jolly good for labour etc. if eaten towards the end of pregnancy.

I have found this link...

Dates

Other links are available.

Okay, so eating them is a bit like eating sweetened giant cockroaches (probably) but I am willing to try anything to avoid another induction hell open-minded.

Just thought I would share 'n' care. smile

HannahG315 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:58:47

I LOVE dates. This makes me happy smile

bringonyourwreckingball Sun 16-Feb-14 22:01:57

Very good for avoiding post-birth constipation too.

Catsize Sun 16-Feb-14 22:06:11

Oh yes, had neglected to think about the possible other effects. Now thinking that eating about 20 in an attempt to catch up (am around 40wks) may have been a mistake... hannah, I am glad to have brought you some happiness of a Sunday evening. smile

dizhin79 Sun 16-Feb-14 23:34:06

try and hunt out as fresh a date as possible, they really are so much better!

Catsize Mon 17-Feb-14 06:43:38

Good tip dizhin. Doubt I will find such things around these 'ere parts though, sadly. It was hard enough to source any at all!

dizhin79 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:37:21

there's a teeny little deli near me that sells iranian fresh dates, they are like nothing I've ever tried before.... certainly puts those eat me ones to shame!

I would even suggest ordering some on line, they don't even taste the same!

Catsize Mon 17-Feb-14 08:43:51

Just looked for fresh dates online. July-November only. Drat. sad
Still, those I have aren't too bad, and certainly preferable to eating 40 pineapples a day with gallons of raspberry leaf tea.

HannahG315 Mon 17-Feb-14 11:19:30

Does anyone else get sick after their raspberry leaf??

Catsize Mon 17-Feb-14 11:36:59

Funny you should say that. I nearly was today. Bit embarrassing, as I had a friend round, but otherwise have been okay. Have only had about five mugs though.

HannahG315 Mon 17-Feb-14 12:08:57

I now hearing there's a bug/ virus going round so maybe it's not the tea?

I've lost all fears of embarrassment from sickness, projectile vomiting in mothercare yesterday pretty much sealed the deal on that one

Xx

farfallarocks Wed 19-Feb-14 21:26:36

My midwife told me this 7 dates a day and dd born at 39 weeks. She was 9 pounds so very pleased I was not overdue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now