Talk

Advanced search

RLT drinking, curry-eating, bouncing on balls overdue mummies... come hither!

(12 Posts)
LemonDrizzleCake11 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:10:53

Would anyone else like to join the 'overdue club'? Perks of membership include regular phonecalls from all and sundry asking if you'd forgotten to share the news of your new arrival with them and increasingly uncomfortable gaining of girth.

Features which suggest you would be eligible as a member, besides your EDD being past, include difficulty in putting on your socks and an increasing interest in obscure old wives tales of how to induce labour.

The welcome pack (which you are required to self-assemble) includes a vindaloo, a whole pineapple and a pack of raspberry leaf teabags.

Declaring self member number 1, Ms LemonDrizzle, 41+0.

Tinkerbellefairy Fri 14-Feb-14 14:37:13

Joins club and is currently assembling the welcome pack whilst bouncing on my ball and ignoring all texts and fb messages asking me why I haven't got this baby out yet as THEY want a cuddle!

Member number 2, tinkerbellefairy, 41+3 and no signs of eviction anytime soon sad getting very worried by the extra growing time this little man is getting.

LemonDrizzleCake11 Fri 14-Feb-14 15:01:04

How is the bouncing going Tinkerbellefairy? I'm back to leaning over my ball as around lunchtime I sighted what looking suspiciously like a foot poking out around my belly button area, which struck me as likely suboptimal positioning and maybe my MWs concern baby might be back to back and I should spend some time with my stomach dangling should be heeded.

Do you have an induction date booked? Or are you trying to avoid?

Tinkerbellefairy Fri 14-Feb-14 16:16:18

Urgghh I obviously just get bored too easily and suddenly realise I'm just sitting on it rather than bouncing!

Induction booked for Sunday but was really hoping for a water birth so hasn't got long to get a move on. Baby won even stay engage though so not holding out much hope.

Naughty baby, hope the stomach dangling goes well. Do you have an induction date booked yet?

LemonDrizzleCake11 Fri 14-Feb-14 16:56:23

Naughty baby! Would be a shame to not have water birth but at same time must be nice to have a theoretical 'end point'?

I have no induction date yet; have a consultant appt on Monday as my last baby was big and this one was big on a growth scan. Have a horrible feeling I'll just get added to the generic induction list though, which is always too busy and you tend to get to the top of it at around 2 weeks post EDD (which is obviously how long I want to be over-cooking my baby given size concerns...)

Am about to break out a carton of fresh pineapple chunks...

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 16-Feb-14 00:34:14

Joining if I may.
40+10. Induction booked for Monday which is looking completely likely now. Had wanted a water birth but never mind- maybe next time.
Unless he comes tomorrow! (Please come tomorrow!)

LemonDrizzleCake11 Sun 16-Feb-14 15:24:07

Hello luckiestgirlintheworld! Fingers crossed you are already in labour.

nennyrainbow Sun 16-Feb-14 21:40:21

Member no 4! 40 +5. Due for induction on Tuesday (41 weeks) due to geriatric status (41) Along with measuring small for dates so the size thing doesnt really apply to me. Keep having strong Brixton hicks but then it turns out that's all it is - so frustrating! Had everyone on labour alert last night and then it was a false alarm! Have just finished my 3rd packet of RLT. Haven't been induced before - previously had 2 home births but our pct has had to axe the home birth service due to shortage of midwives.

LemonDrizzleCake11 Mon 17-Feb-14 17:01:23

So today I had a sweep (again), ate curry for lunch followed by pineapple and have drank galleons of RLT.... and nada....

Good luck with induction luckiestgirlintheworld - hopefully its well underway now!

And hello nennyraindow - good luck for tomorrow!

LemonDrizzleCake11 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:26:48

So turns out my body can do natural labour... after excessive amounts of nipple stimulation I finally discovered what natural labour feels like and had my baby daughter at T+11.

Hope you other ladies escape overdue purgatory soon.

Member number 1 signing out...

luckiestgirlintheworld Thu 20-Feb-14 18:10:22

My baby is here at last! Epic induced labour from early Monday morning finishing with emcs last night (Wednesday). Oh but he is so worth it!!

LemonDrizzleCake11 Fri 21-Feb-14 18:50:26

Congratulations luckiestgirl - sorry you didn't get the waterbirth you hoped for but glad he has arrived safely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now