Talk

Advanced search

Cancelled Induction, Any advice welcome.

(6 Posts)
Chorusforpoormortals Fri 14-Feb-14 13:25:23

Thread title says it all. Am 38wks tomorrow and have SPD and sciatica plus a 2yr old. Have been immobile for 4wks now, hardly slept due to pain (cannot take opiates/codiene &paracetamol not cutting it) and was booked to be induced on Tuesday.
Just been cancelled cause apparently consultant reckons tis too early. Any advice on where do I go from here. I am at the end of my tether!

HopeS01 Fri 14-Feb-14 13:44:45

I'm so sorry I don't have any advice, but I was "postponed" on my first induction date and today is my second.. I'm currently sat in the hospital (and have been since 8.30am) waiting to hear whether I will be moved AGAIN.
Sadly, I honestly don't think there is anything we can do but wait until they agree to do it.
(Mine is down to being overdue rather than complications)

All the best thanks

Chorusforpoormortals Fri 14-Feb-14 13:57:28

Thanks for your reply. I hope and keep everything crossed for you that you are not shunted again.
Unbelievably, whilst typing this they have rang me back and reinstated my induction. The light has been switched back on at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck HopeS01 thanks

HopeS01 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:26:16

Good luck! ME TOO, this is a very good day for us grin

CrispyFB Fri 14-Feb-14 18:02:43

Oh no, I am sorry.. I can really empathise as I have SPD too (DC4, have it every time from early on) and I know consultants can be so variable over things like this, and can change their mind on a daily basis it seems.

I've been "lucky" in that none of mine have arrived past 38+2 because of other medical reasons (they've usually come on their own) and I really really cannot imagine having to hang on for longer. You're so right about paracetamol does absolutely sod all.

There is also nothing worse than having your hopes all in place for an early induction then to have it snatched away - you're already feeling crap and having the goalposts moved.. it's just not fair for your mental health.

I have no advice - some people think sobbing seems to help but it probably depends on the consultant. I suspect mine would be unmoved! Second opinion maybe?

MostlyMama Fri 14-Feb-14 18:03:43

Demand a section

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now