Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pain 9 weeks after c-section.

(2 Posts)
Kerfuffled Wed 12-Feb-14 14:08:08

I had my second c-section 9 weeks ago. It was straightforward and I didn't have any problems afterwards. However I bent down to lie on the floor this morning -looking under the sofa for missing toys - and got a sharp pain under the left hand side on my scar. I'm now getting it when I'm moving around particularly going down the stairs. It feels like something is tearing although it looks fine. I didn't have this after my first section. Is it normal or should I get it checked?

Cakebaker35 Wed 12-Feb-14 17:33:34

Definitely get your self checked out for reassurance but it's very likely it's just nerve endings reconnecting. I had alot of after pain for many months after an elcs and when I got checked out was told it can take a long time for nerves to mend. Another thing to think about are adhesions, not sure if this was mentioned to you but this is when scar tissue attaches to other things when your healing and you get a sort of tugging feeling. Again something your GP can check for you. But obviously it you have an extreme/immobilising pain or bleeding get yourself to a&e.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now