Talk

Advanced search

Bartholin cyst - due Friday

(3 Posts)
Pinkbell123 Mon 10-Feb-14 21:14:19

I'm due Friday (and being induced Monday) and I've got what I think is a painful bartholin cyst. I'm going to try and get some antibiotics tomorrow but does anyone have any experience of labour with one? It's about the size of a grape and v sore. I think it's too much bouncing on the birth ball grin

LalyRawr Mon 10-Feb-14 21:21:21

I've had 4 bartholins cysts (yay me!) and gave birth with one, though to be fair it didn't hurt, was just a lump, though bigger then yours by the sound of it.

All of mine have had to be surgically removed, antibiotics did feck all. Sorry!

The only times mine actually hurt were when they became abscesses. & the pain of that was ridiculous.

Maybe talk to your midwife? I had mine at the beginning of pregnancy and had to see a consultant, but he basically took the 'if it ain't bothering you, don't bother it' attitude, but if it's painful, ask your midwife about it.

Good luck!

Pinkbell123 Mon 10-Feb-14 21:24:43

Eugh I hope I don't get an abscess. It is a bit painful and throbbing. I saw the midwife today and she just said I'd have to see the gp. Helpful!

I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now